QB Brett Hundley impressed coaches, could earn backup role in 2016

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The weekly routine of rookie quarterback Brett Hundley remained unchanged for every game of the 2015 season. Hundley spent his days squarely in the shadows of starter Aaron Rodgers and backup Scott Tolzien.

Continue reading...

I am not buying it just yet, If he has another solid camp and preseason and I'll buy in. Just me though.

Last edited:
I am not buying it just yet, he has another solid camp and preseason and I'll buy in. Just me though.
Still think both Tolzien and Hundley are back and if both QB's show pretty much equally in camp I think they cut TOlzien and keep Hundley as a cheaper option and only go 2 QBs.

Here is the problem ya'll. Tolzien is flawed no one argues that however the game has slowed down for him and he knows all a\our check downs and protections cold.

Arguable ya'll can say Hundley has more upside ..played better in preseason last year whatever. I get it BUT he's a 2nd year NFL player with zero playing time vs first string NFL defense. Translated the game is still fast and furious for him.

Smart move is give Tolzien a nice 1 year deal with a signing bonus and let Hundley work into it. Frankly if Rodgers goes down and Hundley is your starter it's podo( city. tc(

Here is the problem ya'll. Tolzien is flawed no one argues that however the game has slowed down for him and he knows all a\our check downs and protections cold.

Arguable ya'll can say Hundley has more upside ..played better in preseason last year whatever. I get it BUT he's a 2nd year NFL player with zero playing time vs first string NFL defense. Translated the game is still fast and furious for him.

Smart move is give Tolzien a nice 1 year deal with a signing bonus and let Hundley work into it. Frankly if Rodgers goes down and Hundley is your starter it's podo( city. tc(
Very good point. I really don't see Hundley as a long term starter myself. Develop and trade him. But GB would then need to start looking for the next starter. Give hm 2-3 years behind Aaron.

Very good point. I really don't see Hundley as a long term starter myself. Develop and trade him. But GB would then need to start looking for the next starter. Give hm 2-3 years behind Aaron.
Aaron's got another 1-2 good years left in him. Hundley could replace him. IF he becomes that guy. I like what I've seen so far, but the dude has to prove it.

Back