Rank of fan bases

TW

Reaction score
I've read some dumb articles in my time, but this is about as dumb as they get. Making a point that the fans that are stupid enough to over spend, for tickets, and everything else surrounding their favorite team, makes them the best fans? I've heard of stupid, but this is at the top of the list.

If the NFL survives for the next 50 years, it sure as hell won't be because of fans who are willing to rob a bank, just to afford a ticket to one game each year, or those who are willing to pony up $50 for the right to watch it on TV (because that's where it's going to be heading within a decade). It's going to be because blue-collar fans budget enough money to attend a couple games a year, and support the team at home, and on the road, with fan bases that are embedded in "enemy territory," like the retirees in Florida, and Texas, along with those close enough to drive it, to watch games. It's not the fan base when things are great that matters, it's the fan base when a team is on the rocks, who fill stadiums, create high TV ratings, and buy the merchandise to support the team, that make a team a favorite.

One look at the Packers preseasons will tell a story. Everyone wants the Packers to visit them during preseason, when they don't have a regular season game with them, at their stadium. They want the Packers because they know they'll sell every single ticket, even in a stadium where they are used to seeing 20,000 or less, show up for these games. The Packers "are" the best draw in the NFL, and a lot of that is transplanted Packer fans, and fans from other places, and that - to me - is what real fans are all about.

They can stick this article where the sun don't shine!

Inaccurate fan base rankings

If the NFL survives for the next 50 years, it sure as hell won't be because of fans who are willing to rob a bank, just to afford a ticket to one game each year, or those who are willing to pony up $50 for the right to watch it on TV (because that's where it's going to be heading within a decade).

if the nfl lets it get to the point where the average fan can't afford to watch the games, the sport will die. it's as simple as that. every hike in ticket price further limits their market. a smaller market means fewer people watching the ads. fewer people watching the ads means less tv money. less tv money means they can't afford to pay their players $4.2 billion dollars a year. as things currently stand, the sport enjoys nearly universal appeal. they have a huge market because even guys like me who will never ever pay hundreds of dollars to attend a game still have the chance to watch the games every week for free. take that away, and the kill the golden goose.

Cowboys fans are like the Yankees fans very aggorant fan base that thinks based on history they are the best. Been at games at Lambeau and their fans act like trash.

Many fan bases feel the same way about Packer fans. It's the nature of the beast. Bottom line is who cares? Win another Lombardi this year and there will be feel good articles in all the outlets about the Packers great fan base.

Been to games in at least a dozen NFL venues, with Packer games, and by far, the best fans, are in GB. That's my personal experience.

Back