Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does go, there won't be any big stink because he played that card already. The Packers will also land a huge haul for him... because there will be multiple suitors.
Not sure Rodgers will have a short list of teams he will accept trade to. Plus age and he will need a new contract will limit comp for him.

The rest of the league knows he’s leaving.

It’s like having a “moving sale” in your driveway. People know you’re moving, so that “collector plate” you put $5 on? They’ll offer you $1 for it.

No doubt Rodgers is leaving, the the “return” to the Packers likely won’t excite the fan base

It’s like having a “moving sale” in your driveway. People know you’re moving, so that “collector plate” you put $5 on? They’ll offer you $1 for it.

No doubt Rodgers is leaving, the the “return” to the Packers likely won’t excite the fan base
Yeah I can see when traded GB gets a 2nd and a 4th GB fans will be like Gute sucks that's all he can get for Rodgers? Why did we not get 2 or 3 1st round picks.

Yeah and an organization needs to recognize he’s the missing piece for a short widow run. And by short window I mean 1-2 years. And then how much of your future do you mortgage

Yeah I can see when traded GB gets a 2nd and a 4th GB fans will be like Gute sucks that's all he can get for Rodgers? Why did we not get 2 or 3 1st round picks.
Right... because arguably the most skilled QB to ever play the game equates to a collector plate and we'll only have one real shrewd buyer showing any interest, then putting the screws to us. Nobody else will want a shot at the guy.

I'm not even convinced he's leaving. I think it's a strong possibility but I'm not 100% sure by any means. If he does leave, there will be several picks in the first two rounds coming back and possibly more.

Right... because arguably the most skilled QB to ever play the game equates to a collector plate and we'll only have one real shrewd buyer showing any interest, then putting the screws to us. Nobody else will want a shot at the guy.

I'm not even convinced he's leaving. I think it's a strong possibility but I'm not 100% sure by any means. If he does leave, there will be several picks in the first two rounds coming back and possibly more.
No chance they pick up a $46m cap hit for 2022. Max they get 1 #1 and maybe a conditional and 2’s. He’s 38 with a significant cap hit and that narrows the field.

Look at history of guys who have played after 40 it's not pretty outside of Brady. Also have to question does Rodgers want to play more then 2 or 3 more years? He's hinted that he's ready to leave football behind and start a family

I suppose we could debate it ad nauseum for the whole year, or just enjoy the year as it is and see how it plays out
pretty much how I feel. We wont know how many teams even have interest until some sort out their QB situation. Then factor in comp and cap hits. And would he accept a trade to the east coast or south? Doubtful

pretty much how I feel. We wont know how many teams even have interest until some sort out their QB situation. Then factor in comp and cap hits. And would he accept a trade to the east coast or south? Doubtful
I am still thinking Rodgers will want out west will come down to Raiders or Broncos and does one of them get removed by trading for Watson instead? That happens and Rodgers wants one of them limits trade value when he only has one team he wants to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back