Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers apologists couldn't wait to take their victory laps even before Love played an NFL snap, but all this proved is that it never had anything to do with Love and everything to do with money. Again, I'll ask why Rodgers signing an extension would force your hand in trading him at all. He's still only entering Year 3 of his cheap rookie deal and this could just as easily be a 2-year extension with his age and contract layout, which would still align perfectly with Love's contract (depending on what you want to do with the option year). Or are we really pining for the days when we had Scott Tolzien and Seneca Wallace as our backup signal-callers?

All in all, this was probably the right move. Rodgers wanted his money, he got it. We want to win another Super Bowl, and Rodgers gives us the best chance to do that. It's all on him now though. He regresses with age and stops playing at an MVP level, then the organization and the fanbase suffer

Needs to work on ball placement, that will come when he gets the footwork down. Reads defenses, knows where to go with the ball. He's close to where he needs to be.
How can you say he’s close based on limited film. ? Easy answer. You can’t

I think retirement was only in chance if Packers did not give him what he wanted. Team folded just like he knew they would.
Aaron is punishing them for having CONSIDERED going with Love. That's how cokeheads are.

My guess is that Rodgers won't play out the entire contract and they still move on to Love in two years.

Rodgers apologists couldn't wait to take their victory laps even before Love played an NFL snap, but all this proved is that it never had anything to do with Love and everything to do with money. Again, I'll ask why Rodgers signing an extension would force your hand in trading him at all. He's still only entering Year 3 of his cheap rookie deal and this could just as easily be a 2-year extension with his age and contract layout, which would still align perfectly with Love's contract (depending on what you want to do with the option year). Or are we really pining for the days when we had Scott Tolzien and Seneca Wallace as our backup signal-callers?

All in all, this was probably the right move. Rodgers wanted his money, he got it. We want to win another Super Bowl, and Rodgers gives us the best chance to do that. It's all on him now though. He regresses with age and stops playing at an MVP level, then the organization and the fanbase suffer
I would highly doubt he gets an extension, and probably not the 5th year option either based on simple cap math.

I would've respected Rodgers so much more if he just had the balls to be honest and say he wanted to get paid instead of embarking on this elaborate charade. Just own it, say "I think i'm the best and I want to be paid accordingly". No need for all this extra pathetic nonsense.

I'm no fan of Rodgers the person at this point but I'm fine with it. The arrogance of some fans to complain about the fact that we're going to be good annoys me. As long as Rodgers is healthy we'll be good. Zero perspective for some about life as an NFL fan without an incredible QB at the helm. I'll happily sign up for a couple more honest cracks at winning the Super Bowl.

I would've been fine with a rebuild too, it would've been exciting in a different way but I suspect after the initial euphoria of the extra draft picks we might have been in for a some pain with the on field product. They organization was at a fork in the road and made their decision. they're going to delay the pain and try to win with Rodgers. Whatever, it's over now, i'm glad we can move on and focus on FA and the draft.

Maybe some don't know this when it comes to Love.

When AR had that toe issue, Love played and ran the number one Offense in the practices for weeks.

The team had plenty of time during this to evaluate and see if any development etc.

IF Love had shown anything, think this FO would have sold the franchise down the river to keep AR?

It was a rookie GM mistake giving up a pick to trade up for a QB probably could have got in Rd 2. And the dominos that fell afterwards between FO and AR.

Remember when teams had offseasons and training camps? Preseason? Remember when Aaron didn't practice for 2.5 months this year?

Dude has has ONE real year. If they trade him, it's because Aaron wanted him gone.
But we no longer get TC like we used to it's glorfied patty cake now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back