Rooting in the playoffs

Half Empty

Reaction score
I posted this in another forum, and the first response was basically "how can you be talking about anyone but the Pack?". Wonder about the comments here.

"Some will figure they can back the Pack, but as one of those who feel they're done after this weekend, I wondered how others feel about the eventual winner. Personally,

NFC
The Cards are my favorite - non-winner, no problem with any players, coaches, owner
Redskins and Carolina tied - Hate Snider, don't care for Newton, but no real heartburn with either
Vikes and Seahawks - no way, no how, for obvious reasons

AFC
Steelers - have never disliked anything about the team, almost felt bad beating them in our SB, and they're coming in very much like the 2010 Pack did
Hard to choose between Manning-less Broncos, never-been Texans or Chiefs, and long-suffering Bengals
Patriots - no way, no how, would hate to see them build on their legacy - fortunately, they've looked like the Pack recently"

I have been pulling for the Cardinals although their loss to Seattle yesterday is disturbing. I have no serious dislike for Carolina although I am not a fan of Cam Newton.

I am ambivalent about the AFC. I'm not sure who will pull it off. It doesn't seem like anyone is really taking the top spot. Denver has a good defense but their offense struggles at times.

Knew I could count on this forum to provide answers to the question in lieu of the "we're still in it" nonsense.

I'd like to see the Cardinals win it. I really like Carson Palmer, and I'd love to see Larry Fitzgerald get a ring. It would have been easy for him to bail out when the Cardinals looked like they were never going to go anywhere, but he stuck with them and re-signed. Would love to see him rewarded for his loyalty.

I actually like Cam Newton. He's fun to watch. I'd be ok with them also.

The other 3 NFC teams are disgusting.

In the AFC I like the Chiefs or Bengals. To be honest, I might have a bit of a jealousy problem when it comes to teams like the Steelers or Patriots. I could say I hate the Steelers because their QB probably raped at least 1 woman and I hate the Patriots because Brady is an entitled crybaby and they cheat. But really it's because I don't want them to have more success than the Packers. I want us to be the best team of all time.

Last edited:
AFC... Texans vs Chiefs is a great game this week ..like both clubs OR Pittsburgh.

NFC- If GB out than Carolina or Arizona are fine with me.

NFC
Seattle -- I know I know. But UW connections hard to ignore.
Arizona -- Close second. Was never a fan of the Bidwell family but other than that I'm in
Minnesota -- Always liked Bridgewater good kid articulate Zimmer is a class act
The Field - no strong feelings

AFC
KC - Easy to pull for Andy Reid
Houston - All about JJ
The Field -- no strong feelings

NFC -
I think SEA ends up back in the SB but I'm pulling for Carson Palmer and ARI.. Palmer and Fitz real class acts. I like Arians as well.
MIN - Zimmer has that team in the right direction. Great coaching staff and his players fight hard for him

AFC -
To be honest I'm pulling for KC - what Dorsey/Reid has done there has been amazing.
NE - That's my team, but they just aren't playing well enough to survive playoffs
CIN - another coach I wouldn't mind seeing be successful

NFC- the Cards. Cam is his own biggest fan. Wouldn't mind the Redskins (if they get by us of course!) if only because their coach had the balls to sit their 'franchise' QB to make the team better. Vikes are overrated, just check Teddy's stats, he'd be run out of town in GB.

AFC- Pulling for the Bengals or Chiefs. Just tired of the Steelers and Pats. Their QBs are the Rapist and the Cheater, enough said.

Feeling a bit cranky this Monday. Everybody in Duckland thinks their smarter today. UUGGHH!

I find myself rooting pretty hard for KC. Like Andy Reid, like Alex Smith, like Dorsey, like how they've turned it around and overcome injuries.

Also rooting for Houston and JJ Watt. Tremendous player, quietly having a monster, dominant season. If he has a big playoffs it will add to the legend.

In the NFC it's hard to root against Bruce Arians. Wish we had him.

Carolina has shown some signs of weakness recently, I think they get bumped right away by Seattle, who ::barf:: will go on to win it all.

EDIT: Am I the only one acting like GB isn't even playing this weekend? That's how low my expectations are for this team.

Back