So it begins.....Draft Sim 2018

Woowee, that's the heck of a top 3. Would add juice to the pass rush for sure. I also like Geron Christian in the 5th there too.

The "Top QB" is there draft.... so I pulled the trigger and stayed true to the board the rest of the way. They can kiss my grits on Jeremy Reaves.....Darius Jackson would be a nice 3rd down pass rusher.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14: Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 13: Landry, Harold, OLB/DE, Boston College (A-)
Round 3 Pick 12: Toliver II, Kevin, CB, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 14: Gesicki, Mike, TE, Penn State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Reaves, Jeremy, FS, South Alabama (C)
Round 6 Pick 12: Harrison, Desmond, OT, West Georgia (A)
Round 7 Pick 14: Wims, Javon, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 21: Jackson, Darius, OLB, Jacksonville State (A+)

They consistently seem to have Landry as a low 2nd or 3rd rounder. Weird, seems low.

And a fanspeak full draft with comp picks.... QB are there too. Went with need :

14: R1P14
EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT
TEXAS-SAN ANTONIO

45: R2P13
CB TARVARUS MCFADDEN
FLORIDA STATE

76: R3P12
TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

114: R4P14
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME

133: R4P33
DL POONA FORD
TEXAS

150: R5P13
QB KYLE LAULETTA
RICHMOND

172: R5P35
LB MIKE MCCRAY
MICHIGAN

174: R5P37
CB J.C. JACKSON
MARYLAND

186: R6P12
OT DESMOND HARRISON
WEST GEORGIA

207: R6P33
RB KAMRYN PETTWAY
AUBURN

232: R7P14
EDGE JAVON ROLLAND-JONES
ARKANSAS STATE

239: R7P21
G TIMON PARRIS
STONY BROOK

Two short trade downs and Allen is still there. Auden Tate is my HBack.

Your score is: 21661 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 20 (DET): Allen, Josh, QB, Wyoming (A)
Round 2 Pick 13: Sutton, Courtland, WR, Southern Methodist (A)
Round 2 Pick 16 (LAC): Key, Arden, DE/OLB, LSU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 19 (DET): Landry, Harold, OLB/DE, Boston College (A-)
Round 3 Pick 12: Hurst, Hayden, TE, South Carolina (A)
Round 4 Pick 21 (BUF): Jackson, Donte, CB, LSU (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Warner, Fred, OLB, Brigham Young (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21 (BUF): Crabtree, Zachary, OT, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 12: Tate, Auden, WR, Florida State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4 (HOU): Hill, Holton, CB, Texas (A+)

Reactions: TW
I know it's early, but if I traded down to #20, and could grab Josh Allen at that point, I'd grab him so quick that I'd have the same controversy as we had with Rodgers/Favre. Sometimes you do things, even if they're wrong, if it can possibly add another decade of winning to your franchise. It's the risk/reward you need to weigh, and if he's groomed right, he might be able to step in and relieve Rodgers when the time is right.

I gotta admit, I wonder what kind of dumb existed with the drafters. Getting Sutton, Key, and Landry in round 2 is amazing. Even Auden Tate in the sixth is unreal. Jackson in the fourth pretty awesome too. Great draft!

I know it's not very realistic, but it's fun. The combine really only changes things for a handful of players, but Arden Key IS one of those guys.
I'm hoping for 3 QBs and 2 OL to get picked before us. That should be enough to push someone on defense into our lap. IF the right QB is still on the board I see the Packers moving down a handful of picks as someone moves up to get him.
Then I'm hoping to use some later round picks to move around and get some players Gute has targeted. I would love to get a peek at the Packer board!
I would still like to see Auden Tate as a TE/Hback. He's kind of slow off the line for a WR, but as a TE mismatch down the seam? Yes!
Holton Hill is my favorite 'trouble' guy right now. Later round flyer on talent that would hopefully mature in our locker room.

What I found amazing is that Kiper has penciled in Josh Allen as the #1 pick in the draft. I know a lot of people think it's crazy, but I don't. I think the guy has so much potential it's scary. Any team that passes on him early, and sees it backfire, will be looking for new head office personnel in a heartbeat, because they'd let their franchise down.

You mentioned three QBs and 2 OLs ahead of our pick. In all honesty, I see as many as five QBs going before us, and those two OLs are probably a given as well. There's a limited number of offensive linemen that will go early in this draft, and those that will, are pretty much shoe-ins to end up being pro bowlers in two or three years. Not a not of numbers in the first round, but in the mid-rounds, a lot of solid players who will help teams on the offensive line. Day three will see them lining up for a run.

From Fanspeak using CBS-Trapasso big board. There are such big discrepancies between the different boards. I could definitely get on board with this one! Fitzpatrick is made to play Woodson's old position.

14: R1P14 S MINKAH FITZPATRICK ALABAMA
45: R2P13 EDGE HAROLD LANDRY BOSTON COLLEGE
76: R3P12 C JAMES DANIELS IOWA
114: R4P14 DL NATHAN SHEPHERD FORT HAYS STATE
133: R4P33 TE HAYDEN HURST S. CAROLINA
150: R5P13 EDGE DORANCE ARMSTRONG JR. KANSAS
172: R5P35 CB TARVARUS MCFADDEN FLORIDA ST.
174: R5P37 WR DJ CHARK LSU
186: R6P12 OT BRIAN O'NEILL PITTSBURGH
207: R6P33 LB JACK CICHY WISCONSIN
232: R7P14 CB TARON JOHNSON WEBER ST.
239: R7P21 TE CHRISTOPHER HERNDON IV MIAMI (FLA.)

Your score is: 23063 (GRADE: A)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 14: Edmunds, Tremaine, OLB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 2 Pick 13: Andrews, Mark, TE, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 3 Pick 12: Chubb, Nick, RB, Georgia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 14: Watts, Armani, FS, Texas AM (A+)
Round 4 Pick 33: Nelson, Nick, CB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Noteboom, Joseph, OT, Texas Christian (A+)
Round 5 Pick 35: Benkert, Kurt, QB, Virginia (A)
Round 5 Pick 37: Wims, Javon, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 12: Jones, Justin, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 33: Jackson, JC, CB, Maryland (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Sam, Christian, ILB, Arizona State (B+)
Round 7 Pick 21: Aruna, Ade, DE, Tulane (A+)

Back