Ted Thompson steps down as GM the next GM is......

UPDATE
The Packers have three internal candidates: Russ Ball, Brian Gutekunst and Eliot Wolf. Although Ball, their chief contract negotiator, is viewed as a leading candidate, a source said Gutekunst and Wolf both were impressive in their interviews, with Gutekunst holding a slight edge over the younger Wolf. A source said McCarthy is not opposed to working with any of the internal candidates, despite reports that he would try to leave if Ball got the job.
The Packers also plan to interview former Bills GM Doug Whaley

Source

Interesting look at the situation. Looks to me that they still have a shine for Ball but are saying all the right things in regards to the other in-house candidates.

Man there are a lot of twists to the plot. MM likes Ball, MM doesn't like Ball. MM leaves if Ball is GM, then he doesn't. He's hiring coaches, but doesn't know who the GM is, so doesn't even know if he'll be happy and want to stay.

I hope we don't end up with a dysfunctional group from the top down when all is said and done. This sure doesn't seem like a very smooth process. I think they'd have been better of with a total housecleaning. Interview for a GM and then let him decide who stays and who goes.

I’m gonna hold out hope we trade for Schneider

Man there are a lot of twists to the plot. MM likes Ball, MM doesn't like Ball. MM leaves if Ball is GM, then he doesn't. He's hiring coaches, but doesn't know who the GM is, so doesn't even know if he'll be happy and want to stay.

I hope we don't end up with a dysfunctional group from the top down when all is said and done. This sure doesn't seem like a very smooth process. I think they'd have been better of with a total housecleaning. Interview for a GM and then let him decide who stays and who goes.

That's just the point 57. It seems a bit dysfunctional at this point. Get the GM in place and then, as you said, let him decide the rest.

I’m gonna hold out hope we trade for Schneider

I can't imagine what the compensation would be to get him. Dollars are one thing but this team needs some of those draft picks to replenish talent.

I can't imagine what the compensation would be to get him. Dollars are one thing but this team needs some of those draft picks to replenish talent.

If we get a extra 3rd from comp pick I offer Seattle a 3rd and one of the 3 5th round comps we get

Kind of late on this one, I think. They've already caused their own turmoil and dysfunctional condition. If I'm a GM candidate, and I'm seeing McCarthy hiring coaches, I'm not a bit happy about them already undermining me before I get the job. Then, listening to comments by McCarthy, about he likes them or leaves....

Sorry! I just lost interest in being the GM in Green Bay. They have the direction wrong. You hire from top down, not the opposite way.

Back