Thompson: "We value draft and development, we value free agency"

The 2015 draft was lack luster?

Damarious Randall had a better than expected year.
Quinten Rollins was fine and showed plenty of potential.
Ty Montgomery played 5 1/2 games so you can't really evaluate him
Jake Ryan was disappointing as I hoped he'd take over in the middle much earlier and make an impact.
Hundley is a project
Ripkowski, Ringo and Backman didn't see the field much which is expected for late round picks.

TT drafted for need and seemed to do I decent job.
I think he meant 2016 draft class in general. I don't fully agree, since especially OL, DL and edge rusher classes seem good and deep. A good one should be available at the end of R1, which isn't always the case with the biggies.

Agree with you that our 2015 draft haul looks great so far! Interesting to see how we use TyMont. I wanna see a 4 WR set where either him or Cobb start at the backfield... I'm not as hard on Ryan, he was a 4th round rookie, fer crying out loud. Needs and offseason of S&C and other development, hope he makes a leap. Hundley will benefit from 5 pre-season games maybe more than anyone on the roster, was veeeery promising last year.

With what got him here? You mean Aaron Rodgers? Because when ARod gets hurt, this team beyond struggles. Rodgers makes Ted look way better than he is. He is very fortunate Aaron somehow slid to the Packers.

I've seen this argument a lot, its like saying Brady makes Belicheat look good. Yes, I can't argue that ARod makes TT look good, BUT TT had the balls to grab him when QB wasn't our need at the time. People like to forget that part. In fact I believe it kind of started a shit storm that blew up a few years later, but WE are lucky TT had the nuggets to pull that trigger. Any team in the league who loses a premier QB struggles, that's the dynamic of the salary cap. People recite facts from the past forgetting the circumstances. As much as TT flopped on Harrell and Sherrod he had the balls to draft ARod and we benefit from that. IMO.

I've seen this argument a lot, its like saying Brady makes Belicheat look good. Yes, I can't argue that ARod makes TT look good, BUT TT had the balls to grab him when QB wasn't our need at the time. People like to forget that part. In fact I believe it kind of started a shit storm that blew up a few years later, but WE are lucky TT had the nuggets to pull that trigger. Any team in the league who loses a premier QB struggles, that's the dynamic of the salary cap. People recite facts from the past forgetting the circumstances. As much as TT flopped on Harrell and Sherrod he had the balls to draft ARod and we benefit from that. IMO.
The Favre retirement talk was already going around and many were wondering when the successor to the qb position would be taken. I even remember there espn crew speculating that GB was a landing spot for Rodgers. I don't buy that it took balls to pick Rodgers. It was the smart pick

Call it whatever you want Packinatl. TT picked him when it was clear there was no immediate payoff. That's something playoff contenders don't usually do. I guess I should be happy that you finally admitted TT did something smart.;)

Call it whatever you want Packinatl. TT picked him when it was clear there was no immediate payoff. That's something playoff contenders don't usually do. I guess I should be happy that you finally admitted TT did something smart.;)
And if I were Thompson I would draft a QB high again in the next 2-3 years. History has shown that playing a young qb day 1 is looking at disaster. Let a guy sit and learn.

Hey, I'm totally accountable. If I'm ever wrong, I'll return every penny I was paid to be right. :)

When was the last time Minnesota or Detroit landed a big name, outside free agent?

How much of the FA problem is still guys just not wanting to come to Green Bay because it's Green Bay?

Back