Wisconsin Basketball Crushes Yale

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
In what many people thought would be Wisconsin Basketball’s first real test of the season, the Badgers easily dispatched the Yale Bulldogs 89-61. Even though Yale was without star point guard Makai Mason and starting forward Jordan Bruner it was an impressive performance for the Badgers. They led from the opening whistle, and never looked back. The Badgers were led in scoring by Khalil...

Source

Continue reading...

I was impressed by the steps forward taken by several people, including Iverson. They lacked continuity on the court simply because the coaching staff was trying different personnel groups on the floor to see what they could do, as a unit. It actually made the game closer than what it could have been.

We have some really solid guards this year. They lack experience, but will become better each game. I liked the games played by our big men, and it was nice seeing Happ hit 3 free throws in a row. There is hope there.

I watched the bench, and the coaches used every moment of game time as a "teaching session," talking to players on the bench, and showing them things to think about and remember. It's a solid coaching staff.

Now I'm anxious to see if they start ramping up their defense, to get stingy like they have been in the past. They could be back in the rankings if they do. Maybe not a top 10 team, but top 25 is possible.

Very young and inexperienced team but so much potential. Maybe too optimistic but I think they will be a top 15 before the season is over. In Gard I trust.

Back