Wisconsin Football: Axe Game preview, how to watch and more

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Wisconsin football will take on Minnesota today in a battle for Paul Bunyan’s Axe. The Battle for Paul Bunyan’s Axe is renewed this afternoon when Wisconsin football hosts Minnesota. The original game between the Badgers and Gophers was canceled due to positive covid tests within Minnesota’s program just three weeks ago. Game info Where: Camp Randall […]

Wisconsin Football: Axe Game preview, how to watch and more - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

Sloppy win to end a sloppy season. I would not be shocked if UW pulls out of a bowl game with how bad they have looked and with all the guys hurt right now.

Sloppy win to end a sloppy season. I would not be shocked if UW pulls out of a bowl game with how bad they have looked and with all the guys hurt right now.
Penn State also opted out. It’s not how good or bad teams looked, the mental drain has taken its toll. More bowls will get canceled, book it

Badgers win yesterday gives them 25 wins in the last 30 games vs Minnesota. Mr. Row the boat is now 1-4 vs UW in his career. (1-3 at Minn & 0-1 at West Mich)

He should change his motto from “row the boat” to “wreck of the edmund fitzgerald “

I'd actually be surprised if Bucky goes Bowling. I would think that a lot of the lower level Bowls that they'd be eligible for would be cancelled. Ticket sales are a big part of revenue for the smaller Bowls and with ticket sales in the toilet why bother. Even the corporate sponsors have to be thinking it's just not worth it this year.

I'd actually be surprised if Bucky goes Bowling. I would think that a lot of the lower level Bowls that they'd be eligible for would be cancelled. Ticket sales are a big part of revenue for the smaller Bowls and with ticket sales in the toilet why bother. Even the corporate sponsors have to be thinking it's just not worth it this year.
Depends on who “runs” the bowl. I might be off a bit but ESPN controls / owns about 80% of all bowls so TV money also gets distributed. I think it’s 50/50 they go to a bowl. I just think the team is mentally done and with no activities surrounding the bowl it’s just an expensive road game

At this point, the people going to the few bowl games that will be played - outside of the playoffs - will be those who draw solid TV audiences. Pairing two with larger viewer potential might not be a loser.

That said, it's all ho-hum. I just can't get up for it.

Back