Wisconsin's loss to Washington State

TW

Reaction score
I decided to review Washington State, considering they're the team that beat the Badgers. I was shocked. They're a lot better team than any of us anticipated. Look at their season, to date.

Sat, Sep 2@
colorado_state_wbg.png
Colorado St.
W50 - 24
Sat, Sep 9vs
wisconsin2_wbgs.png
Wisconsin
W31 - 22
Sat, Sep 16vs
northern_colorado_wbg.png
Northern Colorado
W64 - 21
Sat, Sep 23vs
oregon_state_wbg.png
(19) Oregon St.
W38 - 35
The Badgers proved to be a tough game. Not quite as tough as the Oregon State game, but tough enough. In fact, our defense held their offense down considerably. They are ranked 2nd in the nation in passing, and 177th rushing. Overall, they are ranked 5th in the nation in total offense.

They're still unbeaten, and last Saturday, they knocked off the 19th rated team in the nation. They're on a bye week now. Maybe we should feel a little bit better about how the Badgers played, considering they are still in a learning curve. And, by the way. Wazzu is putting up an average of 404.5 yards passing, and 129.0 running. That's a total of 533.5 yards per game total. They're one of those teams where you need to put up somewhere in the mid 30s at a minimum, to even be in a game with them, because they are prolific scorers, and can move the ball.

It kind of tells a different story when you use the context of what Wazzu is actually doing at this point in the season.

Last edited:
No we shouldn't feel better.

WI came out with a big head thinking they'd roll WSU. They got out hustled, out played, and out coached for an entire half. The first half they had less enthusiasm, desire, and effort.

Bucky got a talking to at halftime from someone and turned it on. Had Bucky played both halves like they did the second, Bucky wins.

It happened again against GA Southern, but we we were only down 7 in 3rd and came back.

Showing up flat, without enthusiasm, effort, and desire is not acceptable.

I Can accept losses. I cannot accept teams not having desire, effort, and attitude for the entire game

Back