With their first pick in the 2023 draft GB selects Lukas Van Ness Iowa

As it turned out a bunch of Edge guys went in round 1, including a number who were assumed to be available in round 2 at GBs next pick. Maybe they had a sense of how the rest of the league felt about the group and took one of their top guys.

Lotta work to do on Day 2 for the offense.

RP, we drafted a F'ing project.

I know they're only 'Draft Guys' with their own agenda, but they didn't even mention our guy.

In the 1st round, we should be drafting guys that earn a starting job - not just because we suck - and make an immediate impact.

If the Pack continues to draft projects, there is no need to extend ❤️

Keg, I listened to several interviews/podcasts on him that were done in the last few months (just on YouTube). I'm not saying that I was listening to a bunch of FB Einsteins or anything, but at least one of them mentioned that he thought that it was quite a possibility that Van Ness could be starting by mid-season. The guys on ESPN did babble on about him for a while.

Of course nobody knows how any of these young men will work out eventually, but Van Ness isn't an unknown commodity as far as I can see.

br)

Keg, I listened to several interviews/podcasts on him that were done in the last few months (just on YouTube). I'm not saying that I was listening to a bunch of FB Einsteins or anything, but at least one of them mentioned that he thought that it was quite a possibility that Van Ness could be starting by mid-season. The guys on ESPN did babble on about him for a while.

Of course nobody knows how any of these young men will work out eventually, but Van Ness isn't an unknown commodity as far as I can see.

br)
I sincerely hope you are right.

But, we had the chance to draft immediate impact players and did not.

I will be the first to eat crow and happily so, if Gute proves me wrong

I like Van Ness a lot. He's still young and has a lot of upside. Yet those Iowa guys come NFL-ready. No matter who the DC is, you can never have enough good pass rushers. Right after Packers drafted Van Ness, Patriots traded back, so he was probably going to be the Patriots pick. Expecting the emphasis to switch to offense tomorrow.

Don't hate the kid but hate the pick. GB needs to give Love every offensive weapon they can. Since GB drafted Javon Walker in 2002 GB has taken 22 players in the draft with only 4 being on offense 2 QBs and 2 OL. On paper GB should have one of the best D's for the last 20 years with taking all those players. Well we all know that's not the case. At some point you have to start giving the offense the best chance to win.

Now granted on the other side JSN slide a lot father in the draft then I expected. Was there some issues we did not know?

With Van Nee the issue is he going to be any different than Wyatt and be a rotation player who does not see much action because our DC is the worst in the NFL and spells Cat KAT.

Even after sleeping on it.. Given Gutes history with first round defense I’m not holding my breath Van Ness turns into a stud starter.

Hope I’m wrong but this pick is giving me Datone Jones vibes.

Hope he can improve his technique and turn out to be a top player for the Pack.

Back