WST.Net Actual First CFB Poll - The Creature Feature

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
See, I told you guys I needed one more week, as many of the upsets confirmed a few hunches that I would have had to write about about and now I don't.

Anyway, it's still a bit early to have garnered any deep insights, but first impressions do count for something. Here's what I've got for this week.

1. Oregon - they opened the season with a solid team and then went on the road to take on a better team. The bucknuts seem a bit down, but Oregon has impressed me the most so far.

2. Alabama - I guess. They've only played one real team, but that's slightly better than Georgia who it turns out actually hasn't played anyone yet.

3. Georgia - That said, the Dawgs have beat the living hell out of everyone.

4. Iowa - The Hawks started off really strong with the schedule tailing off a bit the last two weeks. Iowa appears to have played down to the competition somewhat.

5. Arkansas - What can you say, this is probably the biggest surprise in CFB this year. They've been really impressive through four weeks. They have a huge test to see who has the stingier defense between them and Georgia.

6. Penn State - the defense has been good, and the offense has done just enough. Iowa looms in 10 days.

7. OU - ok, i'm actually going off of what they're supposed to be rather than what we've actually seen so far. Not sure what the problem is, but a lot of games much closer than they should have been. Maybe they can't see all the teams on the schedule before Texas in 10 days?

Ok, seven is where we cut it off this week. Nobody else has beaten a good team yet, though Fresno is right on the cusp but I just felt too silly putting them ahead of Florida. But feeling silly usually hasn't stopped me before.

A rather lackluster analysis, but it's still early in the season and I'm hungry so this is what I've got for now. See ya next time.

Nice work Crease! Hungry or not, we appreciate this!

Georgia would beat the living hell out of your number 1.... not even a close game. Dawgs deserve #1
Maybe but that Clemson win is not as impressive as it was. I would set line at Alabama -2.5 vs UGA.

Georgia would beat the living hell out of your number 1.... not even a close game. Dawgs deserve #1
The way things look, it appears that first game was figuring a few things out and letting it roll since.

I'd agree with you at this point.

Back