2018 Off-Season Wish List Thread

I would like the Packers to improve our ILB group. Martinez stepped up this year to improve his game but outside him our ILB are bad. Ryan is backup quality and anyone else who would be considered only a ILB right now may not even be backup quality. I know I mentioned before that there was a suggestion in an article I read were Josh Jones might be a guy to convert but is there any good ILB in the draft?

Just posted in shout but might as well throw it here, but Demario Davis and Mason Foster are both UFAs this year. Davis has a year or two of overlap with Pettine from the Jets, he recently played ILB for a Jets unit that didn't suck.

Foster is a smart, good player who has dealt with injury. GB has shown interest before and he may be worth a look in free agency.

Neither guy is going to break the bank but are better than Ryan or Thomas and maybe even Blake.

I would like the Packers to improve our ILB group. Martinez stepped up this year to improve his game but outside him our ILB are bad. Ryan is backup quality and anyone else who would be considered only a ILB right now may not even be backup quality. I know I mentioned before that there was a suggestion in an article I read were Josh Jones might be a guy to convert but is there any good ILB in the draft?
Roquan Smith ILB Georgia. He just might be our first pick. Three down LB, effective blitzing up the middle.

Roquan Smith ILB Georgia. He just might be our first pick. Three down LB, effective blitzing up the middle.
I would love to hear his name called, Dubz41! We haven’t had a relentless pursuer like that in a LONG time. I’m seeing more and more mocks having him picked before the Packers pick lately. I hope he makes it to 14!

Ouch........

How do you feel about Tremaine Edmunds OLB Va Tech?

He's put up solid numbers at Va Tech for the last 2 years. Solid player, but depends on where you are suggesting the Packers would use him?
OLB?
He's too light to play there @ 236# on a 6-5 frame. No way he could set the edge in the run game. OT's and even TE's would wash him out with relative ease.
ILB? Maybe. It would depend (somewhat) on what kinds of times he posts at the Combine for the 3-cone and 20 (short) shuttle. Quick twitch/change of direction is important at the ILB position. Being 6-5 makes that more difficult. Not saying he can't do it..........just saying, let's see how he does at the Combine.

His best position may be as a Weakside (Will) LB in a 4-3 scheme.

I would love to hear his name called, Dubz41! We haven’t had a relentless pursuer like that in a LONG time. I’m seeing more and more mocks having him picked before the Packers pick lately. I hope he makes it to 14!

I tend to agree with this.

Would LOVE to get a shot at GB drafting this kid. He's another Patrick Willis type ILB. What a godsend that would be to the Packers defense!

Sadly, I don't expect he will make it out of the top 10.

However, if by some miracle of miracles, he's still there at #12................Gute! Trade up and take him!!

So any TE's worth a while in FA? I don't think there really is. All the guys in FA are either or both over the hill and injury prone. I think Fumagalli form the Badgers if he's there in the third would be a good draft pick. But if GB goes out in FA I sure hope they are not giving anything beyond a 1 year couple million dollar deal out as none of the FA TE's are guys to rely on for 3-4 years.

Back