2019 Week 1 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

Its the first game. I could see the new offense stagger and get a lead until the Bears adjust.

I could also see it struggle and Rodgers dust off the extended offense to mount a comeback.

But he has beaten this team with less, he can do it again. We'll see.

Bears 35 Packers 14....

Just because.

Offense hasn't worked together in more than scripted practice situations. New offense and very little real game experience. And it's pretty much a new OL when you consider new scheme. Just not going to be a good game.

That being said it really doesn't mean much either way besides being a division loss..

Bears 35 Packers 14....

Just because.

Offense hasn't worked together in more than scripted practice situations. New offense and very little real game experience. And it's pretty much a new OL when you consider new scheme. Just not going to be a good game.

That being said it really doesn't mean much either way besides being a division loss..
To be fair the Bears offense hasn’t played together yet either. Trubisky is half the QB Rodgers is. Unless that 35 points you predict includes 3 defensive scores I don’t see Chicago scoring more than 2 TDs.

Interesting tid bit>>>

Coaching history: Tip of the hat to WBAY-TV’s Chris Roth, who dug into this while visiting the office that ESPN.com’s Rob Demovsky is kind enough to share with me. With Matt LaFleur about to make his debut, here are the coaching debuts for recent Packers coaches: Mike McCarthy lost to Chicago 26-0 in 2006; Mike Sherman lost to the Jets 20-16 in 2000; Ray Rhodes beat Oakland 28-24 in 1999; Mike Holmgren lost to Minnesota 23-20 in 1992 and Lindy Infante lost to the Rams 34-7 in 1988.
That’s five coaching debuts over the last 30 years and the only one to win was Rhodes, who was one-and-done after an 8-8 season. McCarthy, who started 1-4, and Holmgren, who started 2-5, are two of the best coaches in franchise history. Sherman started 2-4. Even Vince Lombardi dropped five in a row after a 3-0 start in 1959. In other words, it’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.

Yes, It looks like several of us are thinking the same.

At this point I think there are too many unknowns to get a real handle on this game. We don't know what the Bears defense will be like. They didn't play much in preseason. The only clues are what Pagano has done in the past.

We don't really know what our offense will look like be like because they didn't play at all in preseason.

I don't see us striking right away but I am hopeful that if the offense can get in some kind of rhythm by keeping Rodgers upright and he doesn't try to do his own thing too much, then I think we can pull out a win. The other provision is if the defense picks up and is improved from last year.

Fingers and toes crossed.

I predict 24-17 Packers. Who knows? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Hopefully we'll all have a better idea of who the Packers are since ML took over!

I dont put much stock into the we didn't play in preseason. The bears didnt either. Lets not forget that.
Its both teams first game. New O for us new D for them. I also think many over rate the bears. They are good but not the next great thing. Imo they overachieved last yr.
While i dont see a shoot out I can see both teams move the ball with running and quick passing game.

Pack 24 bears 20

This day is dragging. Ive been bouncing off the walls all morning.

Back