2020 NFL CBA

I have a hunch most players will ask their agents to read it and give them a synopsis as to how it will directly influence their future.

after reading through that condensed document, i am inclined to say that the nfl is being fairly generous to current and past players for the next few years. but this is a ten year contract ad i have a feeling that five years down the road, the players will regret approving this. but then at least 90% of the current players will be out of the nfl five years from now.

after reading through that condensed document, i am inclined to say that the nfl is being fairly generous to current and past players for the next few years. but this is a ten year contract ad i have a feeling that five years down the road, the players will regret approving this. but then at least 90% of the current players will be out of the nfl five years from now.
And that is one thing that, as a player I would have pushed for. No way possible we will know the media landscape and revenue numbers 3-5 years from now. Especially what happens with the gambling revenues. Opt out option after 5 years to me would have been a must have. I would disagree that .5% is adequate for a 17th game, and also I would have liked to see the 48% or 1% increase kick in for 2020 not wait for 2021. That’s millions left on the table

Also am I reading it wrong or is the .5% bump only temporary until the new rights deals? Shouldn't that be permanent with the 17th game added?

Also am I reading it wrong or is the .5% bump only temporary until the new rights deals? Shouldn't that be permanent with the 17th game added?
The term sheet states in “any season that the league plays a 17th game”. The wording “media kicker” and “projections” $5B in revenues over 10 years. Personally I would have preferred the word “guaranteed” instead of “projection”

And that is one thing that, as a player I would have pushed for. No way possible we will know the media landscape and revenue numbers 3-5 years from now. Especially what happens with the gambling revenues. Opt out option after 5 years to me would have been a must have. I would disagree that .5% is adequate for a 17th game, and also I would have liked to see the 48% or 1% increase kick in for 2020 not wait for 2021. That’s millions left on the table

the document that you posted said that every player currently under contract will receive an additional 1/16 of their salary for that 17th game, with no cap. they are also getting additional days off and fewer practice days. plus increases in pension, 401k (with match), added health benefits, second career benefits, and a few other perks that i don't recall off the top of my head. i think that what has been offered is pretty good for the next few years. but i totally agree that it isn't enough for a ten-year contract.

Back