2020 NFL opt out proposal

EdZrS0dWoAAofIc

Looks like I was right - this was mostly about no preseason games, and perhaps less about protocols.
So why did owners disregard panel recommendations, a joint league and NFLPA panel? No preseason was part of that recommendation as was daily testing

So why did owners disregard panel recommendations, a joint league and NFLPA panel? No preseason was part of that recommendation as was daily testing
Well, given they had already agreed to cut the preseason in half, I'm sure the owners were hesitant to go to no preseason at all as that wasn't "demanded" by the NFLPA until 2 weeks ago. Relative to testing - daily testing to me seems a bit extreme, and it looks like the plan that you showed above is probably not something they just threw together today. I'm still thinking no preseason was the major issue.

Players who decide they want to opt out have until Aug. 3 to do so, and they will receive a stipend from the owners. The amount of the stipend will be $350,000 for medical opt outs and $150,000 for voluntary opt outs

Already, the sides had agreed to cancel all preseason games, as well as to a reduction in the number of roster spots in training camp from 90 to 80 — though teams will have until Aug. 16 to get down to 80.

The league also offered an extended acclimation period of 18 days for players.

Practice squads will be increased to 16 players. Four such players could be protected weekly from being exposed to other teams.

Actual practices in camps won't begin for about three weeks.

The NFLPA said in a statement on Twitter that its board of representatives adopted the proposed amendments to the CBA by a vote of 29-3.

One of the concessions from the NFLPA in talks with the NFL: Pro Bowl pay has been eliminated this year, sources say. Players on the winning team were slated to make $74,000, with players on the losing side getting $37,000. That’s almost $5m total set aside.

In all, the players agreed to $17 million per team in deferred compensation (performance based pay, benefits, etc) this year for a total of $544 million that got pushed into the future for redistribution at a later date. A small portion, but a start.

Actual practices in camps won't begin for about three weeks.

so teams have to cut ten players before they even start practicing. write down the name of every non-starting player on a slip of paper and shuffle them all up in a helmet. pick ten slips at random.

Back