2021-22 GB Packers Season Breakdown

Agree on Murphy... unfortunately the BOD are not football people and Murphy can talk like a sleezy salesman. Not sure how you get him out of there. But many of us could see after TT left and Murphy went for the power grab that bad things were on the horizon. This mess only gets cleaned up if there is change and accountability at the top as well.
I like that move by Murphy. Took all the responsibility on himself. I respect that, it wasn't meant to be the permanent situation.

I don't like the way they mortgaged the cap and kissed Aaron's ass, but Aaron's gone now, let's see what we got. Maybe we can establish some consistency in Matt's system. We got defense, we got a run game. We can beat a lot of teams.

Next couple years will be big for ML and Gute if they have some really bad years like 3-5 win seasons both could be shown the door.
Detroit might be on the rise, but Minnesota and Chicago will have new coaches. Chicago still has that defense, but they'll still be rebuilding.

We can win some games for sure.

Detroit might be on the rise, but Minnesota and Chicago will have new coaches. Chicago still has that defense, but they'll still be rebuilding.

We can win some games for sure.
Won't take much to rise from 3 wins. Anything can happen though. ML came in and has lit the league on fire. It can happen at other franchises as well.

I like that move by Murphy. Took all the responsibility on himself. I respect that, it wasn't meant to be the permanent situation.

I don't like the way they mortgaged the cap and kissed Aaron's ass, but Aaron's gone now, let's see what we got. Maybe we can establish some consistency in Matt's system. We got defense, we got a run game. We can beat a lot of teams.
Murphy has been a failure. He’s a glorified athletic director who meddles too much on the football side. And has been mentioned before the rework on Rodgers contract, he folded

Have more to add later but one note, I think to Mark's argument about ST. To make up for personnel shortcomings down the roster, GB used starters on ST. Apparently that's how AJ Dillon broke his ribs and got knocked out of the game. It wasn't on offense, it was ST. The reason you have to use AJ Dillon on ST is because the bottom of your roster sucks.

Before we get all warm and fuzzy about the defense going forward we can’t forget we are going to lose 3-5 preferred starters from this unit unless they can figure out something with Devondre and Rasul.

The Smiths are as good as gone, and possibly Lowry and/or Lancaster too.
King was never a consideration to keep.

Before we get all warm and fuzzy about the defense going forward we can’t forget we are going to lose 3-5 preferred starters from this unit unless they can figure out something with Devondre and Rasul.

Lowry and Lancaster no big deal losing them they provided little

Good point danno. This team make look a whole lot different next season.

I don't like the blame one unit\ player mentality. Obviously special teams was a problem, 10 points was a problem. Outside of the defense, which played well and the first drive of the game there's a whole lot of disappointment. Is it coaching, is it personnel, likely some of both. As seen for the last 30 years, having a HOF QB will win you a lot of regulars season games but doesn't always equate to championships. I'm probably going with an unpopular opinion here, but Rodgers needs to share the blame on this one.

One of his biggest strengths is taking care of the ball; also one of his biggest weaknesses is taking care of the ball. Rarely do you see him just flat out throw the ball and give his guy a chance to make a play. In a game where the SF defense was very good and they put a fair amount of pressure on him, I feel he needed to take more risk and let some guys try and make a play even if he didn't feel 100% about the throw or their ability to make it.

For a decade now, we've been hearing all about "no defense", "Aaron need more play makers", "bad coaching", etc. At what point does the guy taking up 20% of the payroll have to be the guy to get it done? They've been in position with everything to their advantage in the play-off scenario multiple times and consistently come up short.

Championships are hard to win and we're spoiled as Packer fans but I think the time for Rodgers being the reason they win a championship is over. Going to be an interesting off-season.

Back