2021 Badgers Football Thread

Interesting fact dealing with how good football is in given areas. The Cincinnati Bearcats have 28 kids on their roster that are actually from Cincinnati. Very little of their recruiting gets farther away than 300 miles.
I don't think Cincy can be compared to a Big Ten program though, I get your point but in this case kind of apples/oranges.

Reactions: TW
I don't think Cincy can be compared to a Big Ten program though, I get your point but in this case kind of apples/oranges.
It's more of an issue of the quality level of football. Wisconsin doesn't come anywhere close to producing the number of kids in area that are that good. Ohio's HS football programs resemble the South. It's also why teams like OSU are constantly near the top. Kids are waiting for them to call.

It's more of an issue of the quality level of football. Wisconsin doesn't come anywhere close to producing the number of kids in area that are that good. Ohio's HS football programs resemble the South. It's also why teams like OSU are constantly near the top. Kids are waiting for them to call.
Expect Cincinnati’s top 2 players on offense are not from Ohio. Ridder is from Kentucky and Ford from Tampa (a transfer). And OSU recruits nationally. UW has pulled a couple of kids out of Ohio

Expect Cincinnati’s top 2 players on offense are not from Ohio. Ridder is from Kentucky and Ford from Tampa (a transfer). And OSU recruits nationally. UW has pulled a couple of kids out of Ohio
Ridder is from Louisville. A 100 mile trip down the freeway. I always believe that a 300 mile radius is also kind of part of stomping grounds recruiting.

It seems UW thinks WI and MN are the holy grail for it's program to recurit from.

Ridder is from Louisville. A 100 mile trip down the freeway. I always believe that a 300 mile radius is also kind of part of stomping grounds recruiting.
Yes but he was also a 3 star kid that was not highly recruited. Sometimes you find a gem sometimes you get 4 star and flops.

It seems UW thinks WI and MN are the holy grail for it's program to recurit from.
That’s not true at all. They recruit NJ and the east coast heavy and Michigan and Ohio. Hoops yeah we recruit Minneapolis heavy

252991741_4803357989696167_2087009973124724591_n.jpg

Back