2021 Draft Simulator

What do you all think of Nick Bolton, ILB? I ask because I see the name associated with GB at the end of the first - which practically guarantees it won't happen - but more than that I don't know much about the player or the fit now that we have a DC.

So with Lazard seeming to take a step back this year and not into thtat #2 role and MVS being MVS and a guy who seems 50/50 on catching a ball do we trust either of them to develop any more then they already have?
I give Lazard a pass on this year.
He had a big game against NOLA, when Adams was hurt. He stepped up big time, but ended up with that core injury that may have affected him the rest of the season in spite of being surgically fixed.
Similar thing happened with Tonyan in 2019, and look what happened when he was fully healed.

I think Lazard AND MVS have "head-turning" years in 2021.

But I also think the Packers draft a WR (slot type & KR) to replace Ervin and Austin who neither will be back, imo.

The surprise unknown variable here is (IF) they can clear enough cap space this off-season, will they look to bring in a FA WR (mid-level type) to compete for the WR2 spot?
There's going to be some decent inventory for a couple of reasons............
(1) Reduced salary caps means less money for mid-level type guys, and
(2) A really deep/talented WR draft class will push their market values down even further.

I give Lazard a pass on this year.
He had a big game against NOLA, when Adams was hurt. He stepped up big time, but ended up with that core injury that may have affected him the rest of the season in spite of being surgically fixed.
Similar thing happened with Tonyan in 2019, and look what happened when he was fully healed.

I think Lazard AND MVS have "head-turning" years in 2021.

But I also think the Packers draft a WR (slot type & KR) to replace Ervin and Austin who neither will be back, imo.

The surprise unknown variable here is (IF) they can clear enough cap space this off-season, will they look to bring in a FA WR (mid-level type) to compete for the WR2 spot?
There's going to be some decent inventory for a couple of reasons............
(1) Reduced salary caps means less money for mid-level type guys, and
(2) A really deep/talented WR draft class will push their market values down even further.
MVS has been in the league 3 years now, the lightbulb should have went off by now. His receptions have digressed since his rookie year. He’s a one trick pony. As to Lazard I have mixed thoughts. He’s ok in space but struggled vs press.

MVS has been in the league 3 years now, the lightbulb should have went off by now. His receptions have digressed since his rookie year. He’s a one trick pony. As to Lazard I have mixed thoughts. He’s ok in space but struggled vs press.
I’m basing that MVS comment more on how he played over the last 5-6 games (including playoffs) than how he played the whole season.
Big question is whether or not he can carry what he did in those games forward to next season and then build off of it.

I’m basing that MVS comment more on how he played over the last 5-6 games (including playoffs) than how he played the whole season.
Big question is whether or not he can carry what he did in those games forward to next season and then build off of it.
I get that but he has yet to show any consistency

I think MVS breaks out this coming season. Gut feeling he builds on the end of the season. The light bulb is now on.

I think MVS breaks out this coming season. Gut feeling he builds on the end of the season. The light bulb is now on.
I hope so Bud. It would alleviate pressure on Adams and the “need” for using early draft capital on the position.
Nothing is a given, but we can hope. hope(

Let’s pump the breaks. In the last 6 games he played he averaged 2.6 catches per game. Sure the Tampa game was nice and all but goes back to being consistent

Back