2021 Draft Sleepers

WingT22

Reaction score
A few guys I like..feel free to add your own:

Wanted forum input on players to start looking into. Based on team needs, the following are ones I'm charting prior to the draft (where I'm thinking sleeper being 5th round or later type player):

DE
Tarron Jackson (Coastal Carolina) - raw and a bit undersized for a five technique DE but a lot of potential to work with and has already shown flashes of ability

ILB
Dylan Moses (Alabama) - maybe not an official sleeper but you wonder how far he slips due to the prior injury and if there in 5th or later might be well worth a flyer

Paddy Fisher (Northwestern) - backbone of the defense and extreme effort player. Might have peaked in college but definitely a heartbeat type of player in any defense

CB
Greg Newsome II (Northwestern) - Packer prodigy and could be as good as his old man

C
Jack Wohlabaugh (Duke) - OSU transfer and a bit limited physically but smart and could grow into a solid asset calling out line coverages and holding the middle

T
Walker Little (Stanford) - another stud player like Moses whose missed games due to injury and then covid but could be a steal in the later rounds if he lasts that long and so maybe not really a sleeper

I'd be surprised if Moses lasts past the 3rd round. Someone will take a chance on the talent he showed before his injury. Newsome also won't make it past Day 2.

Trey Sermon - RB - Ohio St. is a guy I've had an eye on. I've seen him mocked in the 4th. He'd be a steal in the 5th.

I'd be surprised if Moses lasts past the 3rd round. Someone will take a chance on the talent he showed before his injury. Newsome also won't make it past Day 2.

Trey Sermon - RB - Ohio St. is a guy I've had an eye on. I've seen him mocked in the 4th. He'd be a steal in the 5th.
Agree some team will grab Moses in the 2nd or 3rd round.

could not agree more on Sermon...good call

Sleepers:
Kary Vincent Jr/CB/LSU
Mark Gilbert/CB/Duke
Javian Hawkins/RB/Louisville
Jaylon Moore/OT/Western Michigan

Agree with most of these sleepers.

I'll call out Newsome a bit. There was some talk about him sliding into Rd 3 at one point, but with his decent showing at the Senior Bowl and his 40-time at his pro day, he's no later than Rd 2 and some mocks and big boards have him showing up at the bottom end of Rd 1. I still think that's just a little high for him but he's definitely not a sleeper anymore.

Agree on Sermon and I'd actually be happy with him in the 4th, at 136 or 143 for the Packers. Paddy Fisher is another guy I'd love to get late. The kind of guy you add to your team in part because of special teams. He'll work his butt off and be a special teams leader. As a bonus you might get a solid guy who can maybe surprise a bit playing on defense. The main knock on him is that he doesn't really fix the main problem the Packers have - coverage from their LBs and sideline to sideline type speed.

Pete Werner LB OSU
Shaun Wade CB OSU
Baron Browning LB OSU
Johnathon Cooper DE OSU

4 kids i have watched the last few years that have big upside.

Back