2022 Bucks Off-Season Thread

He's a guy off the bench he should not be counted on to have to guard a top guy.
He’s a key in the rotation. If he’s matched up with a guy like Brown you have to defend.

"He's the kind of guy who will get your two runs a game, but he's gonna give up three because he ain't got no hands!" Yogi Berra, referring to a kid they were trying out at 3B in spring training, with the Mets, when he was their Manager.

That best describes Allen to me. Like FP said, decent enough shooter, but he just can't cut it on defense against guys like Brown or Smart, and everyone in the league knows it, and gauges their rotations to expose him, if they've got the horses.

Now, when it comes to Allen and Connaughton, these are the two guys who are most effective as shooters among those who get considerable playing time. The difference is Connaughton does play some respectable defense, and if you watch, when he is beaten, it's usually a pretty darned good play by the opponent. Allen, on the other hand, gets caught flat footed, and is often late in getting down on double teams, and picked easier.

That said, across the board, their stats are pretty darned close to each other. Between the two, they put up around 20 points a game. But, that's based on a little over 50 minutes of playing time. Still, respectable, when the D is there.

"He's the kind of guy who will get your two runs a game, but he's gonna give up three because he ain't got no hands!" Yogi Berra, referring to a kid they were trying out at 3B in spring training, with the Mets, when he was their Manager.

That best describes Allen to me. Like FP said, decent enough shooter, but he just can't cut it on defense against guys like Brown or Smart, and everyone in the league knows it, and gauges their rotations to expose him, if they've got the horses.

Now, when it comes to Allen and Connaughton, these are the two guys who are most effective as shooters among those who get considerable playing time. The difference is Connaughton does play some respectable defense, and if you watch, when he is beaten, it's usually a pretty darned good play by the opponent. Allen, on the other hand, gets caught flat footed, and is often late in getting down on double teams, and picked easier.

That said, across the board, their stats are pretty darned close to each other. Between the two, they put up around 20 points a game. But, that's based on a little over 50 minutes of playing time. Still, respectable, when the D is there.
Allen was more of a role player off bench I am ok with that

Micic is 28. Decent Euro credentials. Nothing to be excited about. Could be a role player. Might have more left in the tank than most people think. Hard to say.

Worth a mid range exemption though.

I get a kick out of how Wembemyama (spelling?) out of France is considered the big catch next year in the draft. The guy is skinnier than Holmgren, and 7-3.

If both of them stay bean-poles, they're going to be injuries waiting to happen.

I get a kick out of how Wembemyama (spelling?) out of France is considered the big catch next year in the draft. The guy is skinnier than Holmgren, and 7-3.

If both of them stay bean-poles, they're going to be injuries waiting to happen.
The game is evolving. Guys like him and Holmgren are going to in theory play the 3 and look for matchups to exploit. Not saying they are Durant but they won’t be asked to defend low much and since they are athletic more how they can rotate and defend.

When they put the ball on the floor, they're vulnerable. That length exposes the ball too much. Going to steal it from them a lot. Especially in today's game, where they don't call anything on drives unless it's a mugging.

Back