2022 qb and 2021 wr

realitybytes

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Davante Adams said in recent interview prior to his last year in GB the Packers offerred him less then $20 million a year in a new contract. He said had GB wanted him to prove himself one more year and made him play on his last year. Had GB made him a real offer prior to that last year he thinks he would have staid in GB.

To be blunt I could care less about Adams and all the former Packer players and their jabbering, let's focus on GB and what's now.

P.S Please post the former player stuff in the NFL section, not our monkeys, not our circus.

i totally understand why mark feels that this topic doesn't belong in the packers forum because neither one of these guys is a packer any more. on the other hand, i also understand why gbp4 posted it where he did.

now this is pure conjecture on my part, but i think the outcome of the packers' 2022 season might have been significantly different if the packers had did whatever they needed to do to keep adams on the team. with adams, watson, doubs and lazard i believe the offense would have been far more successful. watson couldn't play until halfway through the season and doubs got injured about the same time that watson finally started. the packers were trying to get by with lazard as their #1 wr. lazard is really good at what he does, but nobody would ever mistake him for a #1 or even a #2 wr.

any way, i know there were other factors that came into play - not the least of which was the salary cap disaster that management created with the new rodgers contract. and honestly. i'm not sure barry's defense would have been good enough to get us very far in the playoffs. but i have no doubt that the packers would have had at least one more win and made it to the playoffs.

and yes, mark. i know it doesn't matter because what's done is done, and it's in the past and talking about it now doesn't have anything to do with the 2023-24 packers. that's why i posted it here.

I’ve read where Adams also said he wanted to go out and prove he wasn’t just good because of Arod…

I’ve read where Adams also said he wanted to go out and prove he wasn’t just good because of Arod…
and yet, adams tried to recruit rodgers to join him in vegas. as usual, there seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there.

and yet, adams tried to recruit rodgers to join him in vegas. as usual, there seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there.
Adams did say he wanted to go out and earn all pro this past year and prove it was him and not Rodgers on why he was good.

Not sure it was any one thing. I believe him when he says that if GB gave him their best and last before the 2021 season he would’ve stayed, but then again it’s a negotiation and what he wound up getting was much higher than previous long term WR deals so i don’t blame GB for not negotiating against themselves at that point. He put a line in the sand and stood by it, end of the day he’s a proud guy and a talented guy and he had options and for one reason or many, he just wanted to leave. And some of those reasons were personal/family related that had nothing to do with GB.

Back