2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

So Dame pretty much saying he did not give a crap this year to try to get in shape and was a lost cause. Trade him.

In their exit meeting dame told doc “Coach I was never in the shape that I needed to be in, I had to wait all summer because you’re scared to play when you’re about to get traded you don’t want to get injured, It was my worst off season I’ve ever had. I guarantee you next year you’re going to see me in the best shape you’ve ever seen.”
He should be like Fredo

So Dame pretty much saying he did not give a crap this year to try to get in shape and was a lost cause. Trade him.

In their exit meeting dame told doc “Coach I was never in the shape that I needed to be in, I had to wait all summer because you’re scared to play when you’re about to get traded you don’t want to get injured, It was my worst off season I’ve ever had. I guarantee you next year you’re going to see me in the best shape you’ve ever seen.”
So, this is the reason he didn't play defense. He wasn't in good enough shape to do it. If I recall, he went to the coaching staff and told him his game was best when he played the entire first quarter, so they obliged. Yet, now he says he wasn't in good enough shape to do it, despite saying he was, and it isn't his fault, it's everyone else's fault, because he was upset waiting to be traded?

Okay! I understand his angst. He was going through the trade bit, plus his wife was getting a divorce. Not exactly the best situation, especially for a man who wanted to spend as much time with his three kids as he could. I see the point, and agree with it. But, that's not really true, is it?

You see, he was in Portland, where he wanted to be, he had constant access to his kids, and he was in a place they cared about him. He was like royalty. To top it off, he had two years left in a hefty contract, plus a 3rd year he could opt to take as well. All was guaranteed, even if he was injured, and no matter where he would be playing.

His deflection of his play is nothing more than a hollow excuse for someone who quite frankly did not play the game as part of a team, like he should have. If he was out of shape, he should have said that was the case to the Bucks, so they could give him more work off the court, to get there. But, he didn't. Instead, he appeared to sulk all year, and ended up needing leaves of absence to deal with his emotional baggage.

I think Lillard confirmed everything I said from day one, out of his own mouth.

Well @TW might get your wish of Horst moving on.

@GeryWoelfel

Getting out of Dodge?Bucks GM Jonny Horst, sources tell me, is more than mildly interested in the newly created position of president of basket operations for the Detroit Pistons.Besides Horst, I’ve heard two other potential candidates for the Pistons job; former Portland GM Neil Olshey and former NBA player and current TV analyst JJ Redick.

Well @TW might get your wish of Horst moving on.

@GeryWoelfel

Getting out of Dodge?Bucks GM Jonny Horst, sources tell me, is more than mildly interested in the newly created position of president of basket operations for the Detroit Pistons.Besides Horst, I’ve heard two other potential candidates for the Pistons job; former Portland GM Neil Olshey and former NBA player and current TV analyst JJ Redick.
can we all send letters of recommendation?

Back