2023 Badger Football Thread

Tanner has good touch on his throws. What also impressed me is that we do have some guys who can hang onto the ball. On defense, Ricardo Hallman showed me he has a nose for the ball. It's going to be tough keeping him off the field too long with more experienced players. I have a hunch he'll at least be first off the bench. I'm not basing this on his 3 INTs, but how he played defense consistently, and didn't get sucked into poor coverage, and kept the right angles for tackles.

On offense, I could see it's going to take time for our offensive line to learn their blocking in space. They are so used to a phalanx blocking system that it will take a little time to adjust. As far as our RBs, I see some real promise behind our top two, who I think are going to both be very productive this year.

I did see a lot of confusion by the offense early on, but that slowly began to mitigate itself as the practice moved on. I would have liked to have seen those two minute drills they were going to do, after the basic practice.

I'm not a bit upset about our QB room. There's some really good options in there. Looking at Evers, as the #3, and realizing this kid is going to really be something when it's his turn, is amazing.

I thought they could possibly win 10 games this year. I'm going to knock that down to 8 or 9, regular season, and 9-10 if they make it to the Big 10 championship, or get a bowl game.

I was amazed at how many people showed up considering how bad the weather was for spectators. It sucked!

Another thing I liked was the play of our tight ends. A couple of drops, but some darned good catches in traffic too.

Tanner has good touch on his throws. What also impressed me is that we do have some guys who can hang onto the ball. On defense, Ricardo Hallman showed me he has a nose for the ball. It's going to be tough keeping him off the field too long with more experienced players. I have a hunch he'll at least be first off the bench. I'm not basing this on his 3 INTs, but how he played defense consistently, and didn't get sucked into poor coverage, and kept the right angles for tackles.

On offense, I could see it's going to take time for our offensive line to learn their blocking in space. They are so used to a phalanx blocking system that it will take a little time to adjust. As far as our RBs, I see some real promise behind our top two, who I think are going to both be very productive this year.

I did see a lot of confusion by the offense early on, but that slowly began to mitigate itself as the practice moved on. I would have liked to have seen those two minute drills they were going to do, after the basic practice.

I'm not a bit upset about our QB room. There's some really good options in there. Looking at Evers, as the #3, and realizing this kid is going to really be something when it's his turn, is amazing.

I thought they could possibly win 10 games this year. I'm going to knock that down to 8 or 9, regular season, and 9-10 if they make it to the Big 10 championship, or get a bowl game.

I was amazed at how many people showed up considering how bad the weather was for spectators. It sucked!

Another thing I liked was the play of our tight ends. A couple of drops, but some darned good catches in traffic too.
I think it's way early in the process, we should get a better feel for all of it in fall camp. I am the opposite of most and think considering it's a new system on both sides of the ball they did really well.

I think it's way early in the process, we should get a better feel for all of it in fall camp. I am the opposite of most and think considering it's a new system on both sides of the ball they did really well.
I liked what I saw too. A bit disjointed, but exactly what I expected this early on. It was interesting. I just don't want to have too high of expectations. I want to be patient, watching them grow into this new system, which is the difference between night and day to all the carry overs on the roster.

I wonder if we might see a few portal moves of roster players, with one week left for them to make moves. I could understand it, if they find themselves buried too deep in the rotation. I think that's why they have made more offers than they have scholarships available. They're making sure they don't end up short handed, or with players that aren't really good enough, to help the team.

Remember, when I say help the team, I believe that even those who are on the scout team help a great deal.

Recorded "The Launch" and watched it this morning. As everyone says, a mixed bag.

The offense is clearly behind right now. The interceptions were concerning but not overly so. One of them was a well thrown ball, to the right spot, and EJ Williams just plain let it go through his hands and into Hallman's. On another the WR and QB just weren't on the same page. One was an ill-advised throw.

The run game looked fine with Allen in mid-season form. The center snap was off-target more than a handful of times and needs to be better and more consistent - hopefully Renfro is healthy for the season. With him 100% and the o-line getting some consistency, the offense will be fine.

I was pleasantly surprised by the defense. I think there was some concern they might not be up to UW's usual standards, but I thought they held up well. They found ways to generate pressure on the QB and it seemed like there were few situations with a DB on an island getting burned, or miscommunication in the secondary, which says the guys have gotten with the program.

I think Hallman was a likely starter before Saturday. They really don't have anyone more experienced in terms of number of snaps other than Smith. Lots of youngsters at CB or upperclassmen who haven't gotten snaps in the past either. They are plenty deep at safety and we may see some safeties playing CB roles.

I'm looking forward to this coming season.

They figured out his circus act..... the man thinks that the PAC-12 is SWAC....Not even close to the same standard
Yeah when he came in he pretty much told most the kids go to transfer portal I dont want you here I want my own kids.

They figured out his circus act..... the man thinks that the PAC-12 is SWAC....Not even close to the same standard
I think it's funny how he thinks he's a cowboy now.

Back