2023 Badger Football Thread

He has that build. Short and stout. I think he goes around 220#? Watched him in a couple of games. He got some hard yardage inside.
Yeah makes sense, doing some digging his best yr in HS 1,500 yards was in an air raid-based system. The kid they brought in yesterday at LB is also a nice get. Fick brought in a ton of talent between the portal and his recruiting class. Two more groups like this and UW going to be a pain to play against.

watching the Cotton Bowl.
Can someone explain to me why players like Marvin Harrison Jr. are on the sidelines, and most likely received all the gifts and benefits of playing in a bowl game, when they have already "left the team to concentrate on the draft"? either you're on the team, or you're not. Make a choice.

I wonder if this prompts Jackson Acker to move on. Acker would seem to have been the choice to man the "power back" role next year. Walker will likely get that role for a year until Ituka is ready, though I've heard at least one high school talent evaluator claim that Ituka is already college ready. We'll see.

I wonder if this prompts Jackson Acker to move on. Acker would seem to have been the choice to man the "power back" role next year. Walker will likely get that role for a year until Ituka is ready, though I've heard at least one high school talent evaluator claim that Ituka is already college ready. We'll see.
It seems like Fickell and his crew are looking for specifics that they don't see in a lot of the players the Badgers have, from before their time. It's not uncommon for a new staff to replace a lot of the talent on the field. At least it isn't as pronounced as the whole deal was with Colorado, when Sanders took the reins. I don't think he even took the time to evaluate the talent of most of the guys on that roster, he just decided he wanted the players he chose, nobody else's.

By the by.... looked up Gideon Ituka. He's a human cannonball. 5-9, 220#. Makes for some heavy duty inside muscle to run the ball. Acker is 6-1, and 235#. Could be room for both of them.

Why I don't believe Acker will go through the portal. He's studying to be a nurse. I don't think he's going to leave Madison until he gets that degree. He grew up in Madison, and I think that's where he intends staying. I think he's going to be a fairly substantial part of the offense this coming year, while Ituka is learning, and maybe beyond. Hard to say. He's a smart kid, who made Big 10 All Academic team.

I believe Acker will be a red shirt junior this year. Not positive.

By the by.... looked up Gideon Ituka. He's a human cannonball. 5-9, 220#. Makes for some heavy duty inside muscle to run the ball. Acker is 6-1, and 235#. Could be room for both of them.

Why I don't believe Acker will go through the portal. He's studying to be a nurse. I don't think he's going to leave Madison until he gets that degree. He grew up in Madison, and I think that's where he intends staying. I think he's going to be a fairly substantial part of the offense this coming year, while Ituka is learning, and maybe beyond. Hard to say. He's a smart kid, who made Big 10 All Academic team.

Also Acker is a guy who likely is not going pro. As you said for him getting his degree is the best thing he can do so he can get a good job once he graduates.

Last edited:
Also Acker is a guy who likely is going pro. As you said for him getting his degree is the best thing he can do so he can get a good job once he graduates.
He's motivated by his Mother, who is a health care professional herself. She was recently nominated for an award for outstanding service in her field. She raised him as a single Mother. Their bond is immensely strong, and he really wants to follow in her footsteps in healthcare.

This is one I'd try to keep if I was Fickell. He can be something special, outside the lines.

I agree Acker will likely stay and suggested he might in another post. I figured too that being local he might just want to finish his degree and likely still get some snaps while Ituka develops. Now, with Walker on board, it's more likely he gets almost no snaps. I don't believe he sees an NFL future for himself, so his degree may matter a lot to him. Still, lots of schools offer a nursing curriculum and his UW credits will transfer almost anywhere, so if he wants to play college football, he might look elsewhere. I'll be curious to see what he does.

I agree Acker will likely stay and suggested he might in another post. I figured too that being local he might just want to finish his degree and likely still get some snaps while Ituka develops. Now, with Walker on board, it's more likely he gets almost no snaps. I don't believe he sees an NFL future for himself, so his degree may matter a lot to him. Still, lots of schools offer a nursing curriculum and his UW credits will transfer almost anywhere, so if he wants to play college football, he might look elsewhere. I'll be curious to see what he does.
I think the difference maker is his Mom to be honest. She's a career healthcare provider, and wouldn't be able to travel to games. I think the family bond could easily make the difference. But, that's just conjecture on my part. I don't think he's going to be hitting the road, and I'm not exactly certain that Walker or Ituka are going to totally dislodge him.

I think we should get some insights into Jackson's involvement next year will be shown on Monday, against LSU.

Back