2023 Draft Thread

Looking at the Packers top-30 visits and the guys they seem to have shown the most interest in, it seems like a trade down would be their preference this year. I'm sure there are a few guys they'd love at #15 like JSN, Paris Johnson, and a couple of others, but I'm thinking they are all gone. They may try to trade up but I'm not sure they get any takers.

We might see some wheeling a dealing from Gute. Trade down in Rd1 for guys like one of the top TE's (Mayer/Kincaid) or a Darnell Wright. Trade up in Rd2 for the other TE (Washington) or Jalin Hyatt or Will McDonald. I might need to watch more closely this year instead of walking away if the Packers are still 10-20 picks away from making a selection.

Looking at the Packers top-30 visits and the guys they seem to have shown the most interest in, it seems like a trade down would be their preference this year. I'm sure there are a few guys they'd love at #15 like JSN, Paris Johnson, and a couple of others, but I'm thinking they are all gone. They may try to trade up but I'm not sure they get any takers.

We might see some wheeling a dealing from Gute. Trade down in Rd1 for guys like one of the top TE's (Mayer/Kincaid) or a Darnell Wright. Trade up in Rd2 for the other TE (Washington) or Jalin Hyatt or Will McDonald. I might need to watch more closely this year instead of walking away if the Packers are still 10-20 picks away from making a selection.
I think it could be hard to trade down this year based on talent level seeming to fall off aftr top 10 picks if you do trade down likely you may not get value to trade down.

See UW LB Nick Herbig made a predraft vist to GB.

I think it could be hard to trade down this year based on talent level seeming to fall off aftr top 10 picks if you do trade down likely you may not get value to trade down.

Agree, with a kind of flat(ish) level of talent between 10-50, it might be tough to find a trade down partner. It would have to be a specific team looking for a specific player. Examples might be a team who really likes Will Levis and is willing to take him at 15. Maybe the Packers don't like Quentin Johnston or Lukas VanNess and some team likes one of them at 15.

I know some mocks had Wright to GB at 15 but not sure I want to spend the 15th pick on the 4th rated OT and even more so it seems he's a RT instead of a LT.

The Packers need to pick someone at 15 if they can't trade down, and a number of them, like Wright could be a little disappointing to many fans. Not so worried about Wright being a RT. Brian Bulaga essentially spent his whole career at RT and most fans are probably OK with him in Rd 1. Not the perfect scenario but some of the options at #15 aren't the greatest this year.

The Packers need to pick someone at 15 if they can't trade down, and a number of them, like Wright could be a little disappointing to many fans. Not so worried about Wright being a RT. Brian Bulaga essentially spent his whole career at RT and most fans are probably OK with him in Rd 1. Not the perfect scenario but some of the options at #15 aren't the greatest this year.
Clear by now that this draft is chock full of guys with physical or athletic or serious technical (Richardson) compromises. Teams have to pick their poison here and and make their bets on what they value, and i think it’s going to vary wildly at points from fan expectations.

Looks like Jalan Carter going in top 10 I am guessing visited every team in 5-10

Sounds like people in the know expect Young to be the #1 pick.

Over at Caesars one week ago, Alabama quarterback Bryce Young surpassed Ohio State quarterback C.J. Stroud to be the first overall pick in the draft. At that time, Young was listed at -130, while Stroud was +100. Just a week prior, Stroud was around -250 to be the first player off the board.

This week, Young saw another huge jump. The Alabama signal-caller is -1000 to go No. 1 overall, while Stroud is now +600

Back