2024 Draft Thread

Good but Wilson is off the board for me. Looks like a great player physically but has injuries going back to high school. Multiple ACLs, multiple shoulder injuries. Buyer beware in the early 2nd.
Valid points but the tape and scouting can't be overlooked>>>

• He can move laterally and chase in pursuit. A tough, violent tackler with a non-stop motor, Wilson also shows good awareness when dropping into coverage.
  • Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #48. He wrote " The 6-4, 230-pound former North Carolina state champion high school wrestler has vertical-jumped 36 inches, and coaches say he will “easily” run the 40 in the 4.49 to 4.54 range."
  • Elite speed and acceleration, covering sideline to sideline with ease and making him a constant threat in space.
  • Impressive agility and fluidity in coverage, able to read the quarterback and make impactful plays on the ball.
  • Exceptional tackling ability, combining strong hands and leverage to bring down opponents efficiently.
  • High football IQ, showcasing instincts that allow him to be a step ahead of plays and disrupt offensive schemes.
  • Robust work ethic and resilience, overcoming significant injuries to return at peak performance levels.
  • Versatile skill set, effective in blitz packages and capable of contributing in multiple defensive schemes.
  • Strong leadership qualities, proven by his ability to inspire and perform under pressure.
  • Excellent at diagnosing plays, with a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

We need an LB bad in this 4-3.... he could be a walking injury OR he goes to someone like Detroit...Minnesota and becomes an all pro that haunts us like several other passes. The point being Green bay will have to trust the scouting and medical on him.

I do know after him in this range there is a steep talent drop.

Wilson would be my #2nd choice if Cooper is gone.

I'm just wary of early ILBs now in general. Everyone needs them but there doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between round selected and quality of player. If they took Wilson I don't want to read on this board how GB drafted damaged goods the minute he pulls a hammy or busts a shoulder again.

I know GB needs at least one but it might just be one of those years where they ant fix everything.

I'm just wary of early ILBs now in general. Everyone needs them but there doesn't seem to be a strong correlation between round selected and quality of player. If they took Wilson I don't want to read on this board how GB drafted damaged goods the minute he pulls a hammy or busts a shoulder again.

I know GB needs at least one but it might just be one of those years where they ant fix everything.
Though look at 1st round almost every guy being talked about as a 1st round pick has a injury in their past. Will GB look past those guys?

Though look at 1st round almost every guy being talked about as a 1st round pick has a injury in their past. Will GB look past those guys?
They all have been dinged to some degree but just remember, the entirety of the draft-media network intentionally lies and covers up a lot of these injuries before the draft, and the truth only comes out after the pick has been made. Insiders should know but the public largely doesn't. Remember, no one talked about Christian Watson's need for a knee scope until after the draft. Now you see some of this with Cooper DeJean's injury, to me it's just weird that there are no specifics out there. It's fishy. Someone - GB or another team - is going to draft him and then it's going to come out that oh, he needs another clean up surgery but he'll be just fine for camp. Sunshine and roses.

Wilson may be a prototype for a modern ILB but he's already on the lanky side and he has a history of both major and minor nagging injuries. Maybe it just comes down to who else is available there, whether it's a worthwhile risk or not.

They all have been dinged to some degree but just remember, the entirety of the draft-media network intentionally lies and covers up a lot of these injuries before the draft, and the truth only comes out after the pick has been made. Insiders should know but the public largely doesn't. Remember, no one talked about Christian Watson's need for a knee scope until after the draft. Now you see some of this with Cooper DeJean's injury, to me it's just weird that there are no specifics out there. It's fishy. Someone - GB or another team - is going to draft him and then it's going to come out that oh, he needs another clean up surgery but he'll be just fine for camp. Sunshine and roses.

Wilson may be a prototype for a modern ILB but he's already on the lanky side and he has a history of both major and minor nagging injuries. Maybe it just comes down to who else is available there, whether it's a worthwhile risk or not.
Be interesting if Wilson is a guy they use a top 30 visit on to look at more close and have own doctors look at him. I give credit to Gute he now brings top 100 picks in to look at them more. I think this was a failing with Ted who only used top 30 visits on UDFA so he never had more then tape and the combine medicals to go by for his top 100.

Seems unless you plan on dumping a lot of people already in your team drafts that have 8 or more picks are not really useful.

The one situation I can see all those extra picks being useful is if the bottom of your roster is so bad you need full replacement.

Seems unless you plan on dumping a lot of people already in your team drafts that have 8 or more picks are not really useful.

The one situation I can see all those extra picks being useful is if the bottom of your roster is so bad you need full replacement.
Looking at the depth chart right now, I can easily see them needing another 3 bodies at S, another 2 at CB, another 2-3 at ILB, another 3-4 at OL, plus a RB, QB, Edge if they choose. They can easily make use of 11 picks, the real issue is that there may not be 3 ILB in the draft good enough to draft where they're at. Maybe they can move up a bit early on for someone but I wouldn't start targeting in later rounds, I would just take swings.

Looking at the depth chart right now, I can easily see them needing another 3 bodies at S, another 2 at CB, another 2-3 at ILB, another 3-4 at OL, plus a RB, QB, Edge if they choose. They can easily make use of 11 picks, the real issue is that there may not be 3 ILB in the draft good enough to draft where they're at. Maybe they can move up a bit early on for someone but I wouldn't start targeting in later rounds, I would just take swings.
I think GB will sign two more vets at Safety at 1 year deals.. Then draft one in first 3 rounds and one more on day 3.

Back