2024 GB UDFA Thread

UW #Badgers LS Peter Bowden is signing undrafted free agent deal with the #Packers, source said.

Duke P Porter Wilson will be attending #Packers rookie minicamp on a tryout basis, source said.

Some of these must not be right or are just tryouts because this would be number 8

Jarveon Howard (Alcorn State; RB) is reportedly signing with the Green Bay Packers as an UDFA

Some of these must not be right or are just tryouts because this would be number 8

Jarveon Howard (Alcorn State; RB) is reportedly signing with the Green Bay Packers as an UDFA
packers have an exemption for Kenneth Odumegwu. so that was an extra spot GBP4

Add to the list: UW-La Crosse tackle Mike Bertoia, who received a minicamp invite from the Green Bay Packers:

scouting report for donovan jennings:

Veteran left tackle who has appeared in 54 games, including 44 starts, over his six seasons at South Florida. Suffered a season-ending ankle injury in Week 4 of the 2022 season, which allowed him to utilize a medical redshirt to retain an additional year of eligibility. Reclaimed his starting Left Tackle position in Alex Golesh’s first season as Head Coach at USF. Offers a wide, broad frame and a substantial power base. Boasts medial physical traits for the tackle spot. Operates with fluid ankle/knee bend and great balance & body control in his pass set. Possesses quality lateral agility and a nimble kick step to beat EDGE rushers to the apex of the arc. His elbows stay inward and he strikes with heavy, sticky hands at the POA. Displays proficient hand placement in pass protection; Has the reactionary athleticism and lower-body agility to thwart counter moves. Also adjusts well to twists and pre-snap stunts using quick feet, sharp mental instincts, and adept processing skills. Can anchor against a bull rush, but tends to get moved off his spot when loses the leverage battle against high-level power rushers. Exhibits robust play strength, competitive toughness, and a constant motor to move defenders in the run game. Less consistent with his hat + hand placement as a run blocker. He rolls his hips through contact to finish blocks but is not a road grader. Decent initial quickness and adequate punch location cause issues when down-blocking against slanting defensive ends. Post-foot mobility is slightly delayed against inside moves. Flashes capable functional athleticism & mobility to pull across the LOS on T counters from the backside. Play speed is moderate; COD in the second level is average at best. Has the SAQ to remain at the tackle spot at the next level. Also has the size, athleticism, and toughness to slide inside if necessary.

Scheme Fit:

Swing tackle in a pass-heavy offensive system

Power Statement:

Jennings has the requisite lower-body agility/flexibility, foot quickness, hand placement, and power base to hold his own against speed & power pass pushers, alike. Presents plus processing skills, functional athleticism, and play temperament.

more on donovan jennings:

by Justin Melo
Feb 13, 2024 • 9:48 am

South Florida’s Donovan Jennings is one of the most experienced offensive line prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft. Jennings departs the Bulls after playing in a program-record 54 games. He’s currently making the transition from offensive tackle to guard. Teams will appreciate that experience and versatility. Jennings recently displayed his abilities at guard in the East-West Shrine Bowl.
Jennings recently spoke exclusively with The Draft Network about his week-long appearance at the East-West Shrine Bowl, what he proved to the scouts in attendance, making the transition from tackle to guard, which NFL teams are showing interest in his services, and more.
JM: You recently participated in the East-West Shrine Bowl. What do you think you proved to NFL scouts and decision-makers in attendance?
Donovan Jennings
: I think I proved I’m a versatile player. Coming into the week playing guard, I was used to playing left tackle at South Florida. I came in with the mindset to improve every single day while I’m making that transition.
I’m working on the different techniques necessary that it takes to be a great guard at the next level. I proved that I could play guard throughout my showing at the East-West Shrine Bowl. NFL scouts saw me put that on display.
JM: You essentially played 54 games as an offensive tackle at South Florida. It sounds like you feel good about making the transition to guard.
Donovan Jennings
: I’m happy with how the transition is going. I didn’t know what to expect heading into the East-West Bowl, but I feel really great coming out of it though. I think I was downright dominant at times.
I showcased my athleticism. Athletic movements helped me at tackle, so it should definitely help me at guard where my opponents are a little less athletic than those edge rushers are. Strength and get-off were also on display. I can play in those tight quarters. I think it went great.
JM: I bet there’s a lot of interest in you. Which NFL teams did you meet with extensively at the Shrine Bowl?
Donovan Jennings
: I met with a bunch of great teams. I’m thankful to each and every one of them that took time out of their schedule to meet with me. My meeting with the Green Bay Packers went very well. I had a great time with the New York Jets and Seattle Seahawks as well. Those three meetings went particularly well.
JM: How would you write your own scouting report as a left tackle? What’s at the forefront of your physical skill set?
Donovan Jennings
: My athleticism comes first and foremost. I have a background as a basketball player. My athletic ability to redirect is pretty rare. I’m a heavier-set dude that moves very well for 328 pounds. My physical ability allows me to move people off the ball. I’m a strong and powerful blocker. I can bend well. I have an all-around skill set to be a great football player.
JM: Is Donovan Jennings more advanced in pass protection, or as a run blocker?
Donovan Jennings
: I’d say I’m pretty advanced in both areas. I’m probably a bit more advanced as a run blocker. I love my athletic ability and my ability to redirect in the run game.
I’m still improving in anchoring down and having great hand placement in pass protection. You can never stop improving. Getting those little things down pact will help me take my game to the next level.
JM: As you continue to learn the guard position, if you could sit down with any offensive guard in the NFL and pick their brain, who would you choose and why?
Donovan Jennings
: I would probably choose O’Cyrus Torrence. Coming from Florida, I followed his rookie season along closely with the Buffalo Bills this season.
He hit the ground running as a rookie. That’s exactly what I hope to do next season. He played in a lot of games as a rookie. I think I have the capability to make a similar contribution. I want to play right away. I’d love to pick O’Cyrus Torrence’s brain.
JM: We’ve appreciated your time today. Why should a team use one of their picks on Donovan Jennings in the 2024 NFL Draft?
Donovan Jennings
: You’re not just getting a great football player. You’re getting a great human being as well. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to help my teammates. I’m an extremely hard worker that’s a team-oriented guy who loves being around the locker room. I love building those relationships.
You’re also going to get a fast, physical, and athletic offensive lineman. I’m proving my versatility throughout this process. I think any team would be blessed to have me in the 2024 NFL Draft.

Back