Aaron Rodgers Talks about How He Learned To Throw The Football

ChampionshipBelt

Reaction score
This is a cool video conversation with Aaron Rodgers about learning how to throw the football. He talks about learning from Brett Favre and other Hall of Famers by watching them.

It is not about the article from Florio. :)

Actually Aaron I do want you to turn it off and play within a system. I do want you to call the play they sent in rather than checking out of the run. Yes, your an extremely talented QB that was hamstrung with a csr( HC who stayed 3 yrs too long BUT it's time to prove everyone wrong and check the ego in the locker room. tc(

Actually Aaron I do want you to turn it off and play within a system. I do want you to call the play they sent in rather than checking out of the run. Yes, your an extremely talented QB that was hamstrung with a csr( HC who stayed 3 yrs too long BUT it's time to prove everyone wrong and check the ego in the locker room. tc(

i honestly don't think it's about ego. it's about logic. you have a qb that's one of the best in the nfl at reading defenses. he gets to the line with a play called by the coach. he sees that the defense is in the right position to stop that play. he calls something else. does it really make sense to say "i can see that this play is probably going to fail, but that's what was called, so i'm just going to ignore logic."?

i understand that you are coming at this from the mind set of a coach. it's only natural for you to think the players should always do exactly what the coach said even when it appears to be a bad idea.

all i'm saying is that the coach needs to find a way to maximize the skills of the player he has to work with.

does it really make sense to say "i can see that this play is probably going to fail, but that's what was called, so i'm just going to ignore logic."?
Yes at times you go with it. Look game managers like Montana and Brady have won more SB than gunslingers like Favre/Rodgers/Marino/Fouts why? Because they minimize the risk and play within the offensive design. Are those players more talented than Rodgers/Favre ?? Nope and it's really not that debatable.

Aaron has never played in the system he's going into so rather than saying “There’s nothing negative about having a lot of experience,” Rodgers said. “With me, I will do things that other quarterbacks just can’t do or haven’t done.” SAY> This is all new to me and the staff and team are learning together as we go. Looking for a lot of success along the way. One comes off as egotistical the other as a team player and a leader. Do I think he meant it like it sounded? No, but it's something Aaron badly needs to work on is all I am saying RB.

When its 3rd and 2, I want him to run a play intended to get the 1st and keep the offense on the field.

If Rodgers continues to check out to the big play because he sees something we'll have a few moments of joy, but we won't be happy at the end of the year.

Brady and Montana just game managers? That's insulting.

Yes at times you go with it. Look game managers like Montana and Brady have won more SB than gunslingers like Favre/Rodgers/Marino/Fouts why? Because they minimize the risk and play within the offensive design. Are those players more talented than Rodgers/Favre ?? Nope and it's really not that debatable.

Aaron has never played in the system he's going into so rather than saying “There’s nothing negative about having a lot of experience,” Rodgers said. “With me, I will do things that other quarterbacks just can’t do or haven’t done.” SAY> This is all new to me and the staff and team are learning together as we go. Looking for a lot of success along the way. One comes off as egotistical the other as a team player and a leader. Do I think he meant it like it sounded? No, but it's something Aaron badly needs to work on is all I am saying RB.
As good as Montana was I don’t think he wins at the rate today as he did in SF. Those teams were loaded and the way FA is now set up I don’t think you keep that group together today. I don’t think Montana was a game manager or is Brady was either. Maybe later in their career but they “grew up” with the system they are in (NFL) and they along with coaches have tweaked those systems to evolve

i honestly don't think it's about ego. it's about logic. you have a qb that's one of the best in the nfl at reading defenses. he gets to the line with a play called by the coach. he sees that the defense is in the right position to stop that play. he calls something else. does it really make sense to say "i can see that this play is probably going to fail, but that's what was called, so i'm just going to ignore logic."?

I agree with you rb. But as a counterpoint, any NFL play caller and designer has multiple options built into each play. I haven’t looked and done this amount of work but I’d bet that any given offensive play, there is a dump off pass available for a gain of minimum a couple yards. That’s really what I’m asking for from rodgers. He needs the patience to see everything that's there and the humility to actually take it.

I agree with you rb. But as a counterpoint, any NFL play caller and designer has multiple options built into each play. I haven’t looked and done this amount of work but I’d bet that any given offensive play, there is a dump off pass available for a gain of minimum a couple yards. That’s really what I’m asking for from rodgers. He needs the patience to see everything that's there and the humility to actually take it.

Actually not in this offense he has two options... If it's a run they have a built in pass check and if it's pass a built in run option. This scheme is built to be easy to run and remember.

I think once Aaron sees the beauty of it there is no issue, again he was stuck with fat ass for so long he's scared they will smother him.

Actually not in this offense he has two options... If it's a run they have a built in pass check and if it's pass a built in run option. This scheme is built to be easy to run and remember.

I think once Aaron sees the beauty of it there is no issue, again he was stuck with fat ass for so long he's scared they will smother him.
I think this is where Aaron is coming from; the MM offense was stale and predictable and I think he felt he needed to change plays at the line (within the power that MM gave him). That offense didn't have the multiple options that we hear are going to be in the new offense, so while not changing the play, AR will still have some leeway as to which "version" of the called play that they actually run.

Back