Alex Hornibrook Story

I think first and foremost Horn needs to get healthy. He should not of played this week. He wasn't right and that's on the UW team docs. Mertz will take a year to get ready so next season is Coan or Horn. No difference maker WR coming in the next class by the way.

I agree. Nobody who can be a difference maker. I hope Mertz does take a red-shirt year. I'd like to see if he can be the guy after learning the system. With the new rule, where you can play in 4 games and still red-shirt, it would be a boost for him, and the program. I wish the Badgers could make inroads into those Florida WRs who end up staying South. A couple of them could turn it up a notch.

Will be interesting if coaching staff shuts Hornibrook down for rest of season and bowl game saying he's got to many concussions next time he see's field will be spring practice.

It's possible the Badgers will permanently shut him down.

Not sure if Coan will be much of an improvement over Horni - pretty small sample size. It's too bad that it looks like they will have to burn his red-shirt unless Horni can come back to play against Minny and then the bowl game. It's kinda why I hated that they burned his red-shirt last year on mostly meaningless snaps.

They need to improve the passing game and it's disappointing that PC hasn't gotten that done. It's pretty close to the point where bringing up Gary Andersen is no longer an option. The QBs are all PCs guys and so are the WRs. He's partly responsible for the 2015 class and completely responsible for the past 3 classes. Cephus had been pretty good, but the rest haven't really proven much. He has a trio of guys over 6'1" in the 2018 class who aren't ready . . . maybe they will help. He's really got nothing in the 2019 class in terms of WR, but hopefully Mertz will be a step up at QB. Is there still a little hangover from GA, yes there is. But by 2019 there won't be anyone to blame but PC if the passing game is still "meh".

I wonder if they might use Van Den Boom at QB to keep Coan safe? Right now, we're starting to develop a log jam of mediocrity at the position the way it looks. I understand that you bring several in, hope to get three, but in this case, it's difficult seeing any blue sky on the sideline.

Surprised no one has spoke on his footwork which at times is awful. Not sure PC has a decent QB coach in place? The fact his backup isn't ready sort of magnifies this

Back