Are we happy with the RB situation?

I am thrilled with finding Jones and Williams. These could be the 1-2 punch for us for at least the next 3 years after this year. Cut Cobb after the year and put Montgomery back in the slot at WR.

Monty just didn’t hack it. Had more than his fair chance. Not a natural RB. Return him to WR and get him involved in the return game alongside Davis.

WR needs to be restocked, big time, and not with UDFA and 5th rounders.

Monty just didn’t hack it. Had more than his fair chance. Not a natural RB. Return him to WR and get him involved in the return game alongside Davis.

WR needs to be restocked, big time, and not with UDFA and 5th rounders.

This is true. Jordy is coming to the end of the line and I don't think Adams is a #1 WR. A good #2 but not a #1 guy.

I’m assuming we keep Adams. If we don’t we’re full circle back to TT’s first year in 2005, when we had Taco Wallace out there wasting Favres time.

Montgomery saying you can't judge me at RB because I got hurt.

Sorry we have seen enough you are not healthy enough. We have seen more from Jones and Williams in their time this year then we saw from you this year.

But yet I got into it on FB with some who are defending him saying ho he's been hurt or he has a 5 YPC career avg. Yes 5 YPC but his best games were against a bad Bears D.

It's clear to anyone who is willing to be objective he is not a true RB nor will ever be one. He is what he is a slot WR that should be put back there.

If they want to maybe put him in the backfield and do some screen passes sure that might work but to say he's a legit RB that is just not true

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay...y-Montgomery-lashes-out-at-critics--111892844

Last edited:
I thought he did a great job making the transition and, if anything, is now a dual threat! That said, you play your best players in each position and right now Williams and Jones look damn good. If he thinks he can be a better RB than those two, I'm all for him proving it and winning the RB starter role!

I think guys like Montgomery are valuable for a team. When they're on the field, they can be lined up as an RB, wide out, or in the slot. It keeps defenses from knowing whether to play pass or run, and changes what their personnel packages often are.

That said, it's a luxury having someone like this. Over the years, so many of them have been around, and usually they're built more like a WR than an RB. Therefore, a little more prone to injury. Evidenced by Cobb, Montgomery, and Percy Harvin, who was with the Vikings, Seahawks, and I believe Bills?

They probably don't represent the #1 player in any singular position, but do make for value when it comes to filling two positions or more, as a back-up.

The most interesting multiple position player that I see now is Tanner McEvoy from Wisconsin, playing for the Seahawks. He catches passes, plays CB and safety, and takes some snaps at QB in practice, because he's there, and can do the job, if asked.

These guys are more like the players prior to the 60s. There was a time you played both ways, and were only allowed so many substitutes per half, and when you did sub, guys weren't allowed back on the field. It was a screwed up game for quite a while to be honest.

I'd be more optimistic about Monty IF he could stay healthy. Accountability and availability, Monty appears to be made of glass. Seems he is hurt ALL the time.

Back