Article: Is Aaron Right?

Yes. Get with the program. Throw on time. Take what the defense gives you. It will open up the big throws.

Where can you get these flattering pants? Do they come in shorts?

Like Brett Favre says - When life hands you lemons, add sugar and make lemonade; when life hands you pants, add scissors and make shorts.

It's hard to believe the cut off jeans of my youth ever went out of style, I'll take old copper wraps advice and bring 'em back.

Last year, Rodgers was the league leader in passes over 40 yards. He also threw for over 4,000 yards. Had our defense done enough to keep other team's offenses off the field, we could have been a playoff team. Probably one and done, but at least in the mix. He did well, under difficult circumstances.

With two years of injuries stacked up, if you watch carefully, Rodgers had adjusted his motion to avoid pain. His throwing motion adjusted to avoid pain. He lost follow through. Watching him against the Bears, I saw him a little tentative early, but he started to get the feel of it before halftime, and came out fine during the second half. The arm is there, it's just mechanics he's adjusting.

Granted, he hasn't been the old Aaron Rodgers, but you can bet a shiny nickel he'll have the swagger and all his tools on his belt working before mid-season.

What concerns me most is whether Lane Taylor can block anyone without help, and if the WRs will finally learn how to run routes without stopping and becoming spectators. So much of Rodgers game is after a play has broken down. We need those plays. They're part of the arsenal for success.
Last year I calculated that if no mistakes whatsoever were made on Special Teams, we would have been 13-3. But who knows.

Last year I calculated that if no mistakes whatsoever were made on Special Teams, we would have been 13-3. But who knows.
did. you also calculate how many passes were dropped, missed tackles that cost points? it was so much more than ST

You're all right when you talk about mistakes on STs, missed tackles, etc. It was a year where just about everything that could go wrong did. When you lose self confidence, and obviously the Packers did, you just don't play up to the level that consistently wins games.

Hopefully the yips are in the rear view mirror. Still, guarded optimism should be the first thing considered. If they can go 8-8, that's a pretty darned good finish, considering the number of changes already made, and rest assured, there will be further upgrades for next year.

Back