Backthepack dec mock

Backthepack4ever

Reaction score
Sorry didn't get around to doing a mock last month. Might do 2 this month IDK

First off, this might be a little more turnover then I wanted but we need to free up some cap and also get better. I get aggressive and get the guys we need.

Stay
I Campbell
Crosby
Lancaster
Lazard
T will 1 yr deal
Bob Tonyan

Gone
BB I want him to stay but we look to get younger. BB has been a great packer
Jimmy G its time
Lewis Retire
L Taylor
G Mo not good enough
Marty Hits the market
Kum
Spriggs
J Jackson sucks hated the pick
Fack

FA
:banana

Cory Littleton ILB

Might be the best LB in coverage. the guy is an upgrade in the passing game right there with Marty at everything else. Good football player. Adds speed and a playmaker in space. Its time to close the middle of the damn D

Jordan Phillips DT

Big Phil. It took awhile for this guy to put it together but man he has shown up. Dude is a beast. monster of a man and a locker room Fav. He will fit right in here. He also gives us insurance with Kenny Clark coming up. If we have learned anything, its that a great DL/front is a big part in winning. putting together the best D AR has ever had is a must

Draft

R1 Kenneth Murray ILB OU

heat seeking missle. that is all!! this kid attacks and goes sideline to sideline. he had 28 tackles in 1 game. there are only 2 ilbers in this draft that GB should pick. He is one of them. Him and Littleton change the middle. I'm also high on Curtis Bolton having a role here. Scary good trio

R2 Trade up. Packers trade up to the top of round 2. they give up their 2nd,6th,7th and future 3rd

Alex Leatherwood OT Bama

Here is BB replacement and started for the next 10. He starts day one and slides right in. Hes big and moves like a cat. Strong in the run game and pass pro.

R3 Brandon Aiyuk WR ASU

this is the deepest WR class I have ever seen. It is loaded. Aiyuk is a big play every play. the kid is smooth. I have stuck up for our wr group, but I think it needs some big time upgrades. MVS is nothing special Kum and GMo can kick rocks. Lazard has shown he can play. Add this guy to the mix and you have a nice young pair with adams.

R4 Colby Parkinson TE Stan

Big lean TE that is a willing blocker and can work over the middle. He will need to get stronger and can add some good weight to his big frame

R5 Lavert Hill CB Mich

future slot standout. He has good footwork and has taken away most teams top wr.

R6 Netane Muti OL Fresno St

Huge powerful road grader. HS wrestler. he had 2 bad injuries that moves him down here but the upside is too good to pass here. Could become a nice OG

R7 Quartney Davis WR A&M

Another body added to the WR room. solid routes and just glides after the catch
[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8kBsW_9gOY[/youtube]

R7 LaBryan Ray DL Bama

This will depend on medical. Hes a top 50 players but injury has him all over the place. If hes there you take the chance. All the things you want in a 5 tech or DE. the kids explodes off the line and has nice bend and power.

I love this off-season plan!! Nicely done! Love the draft! I hate to see BB go. He’s been a warrior this year. Wish we could bring him back on a reasonable deal and let Leatherwood (what great name for an OL!!) spell both Tackle spots while he learns the pro game. OR until Bulaga gets hurt, which would probably be game 2...:rolleyes:

I love this off-season plan!! Nicely done! Love the draft! I hate to see BB go. He’s been a warrior this year. Wish we could bring him back on a reasonable deal and let Leatherwood (what great name for an OL!!) spell both Tackle spots while he learns the pro game. OR until Bulaga gets hurt, which would probably be game 2...:rolleyes:
Leatherwood is staying at Bama

Hard pass on bringing Williams back don't want a 38 year old player

Leatherwood is staying at Bama
Thanks. Hadn’t heard that. There are some decent OT’s in the draft, I think. I would still like to see them retain Bulaga. He had a great year. I hope it’s not just because it’s a contract year. That happens way too often!

I’d rather keep Veldheer and draft an OT. Veldheer provides insurance at both OT spots and can also start if draft pick needs a few games to get up to speed. I doubt his asking price would be unaffordable

I’d rather keep Veldheer and draft an OT. Veldheer provides insurance at both OT spots and can also start if draft pick needs a few games to get up to speed. I doubt his asking price would be unaffordable
Good point, Danno. I keep forgetting about Veldheer. He held down the fort pretty good the other day.

Why. Hes been playing fine and is a leader. Hes not forced to carry the d and wont break the bank. Until someone unseats him its an easy 1 yr deal. I'll take a 38 year old williams over jackson
Because time to go young IMO can get same results out of younger and cheaper guy don't need him for a leader.

Because time to go young IMO can get same results out of younger and cheaper guy don't need him for a leader.
like I say all the time, please throw out a name of this younger and cheaper player. Williams is not breaking us with is pay and we are already young in the secondary. I'm all for upgrading but I don't see a mid to late round rookie at his level and you are not signing a FA much cheaper at the same level. bringing him back for one more year isn't a huge deal. In T Will case the age means nothing

Back