Badgers fall flat in loss to Northwestern

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Wisconsin Badgers haven’t won back-to-back games at Northwestern since the 1990’s. It stayed that way after a 31-17 loss to the Wildcats in a battle at the top of the Big Ten West division. Wisconsin couldn’t get out of their own way, turning the ball over three times on the day. Those three turnovers led to 14 points for Northwestern. To make matters worse...

Source

Continue reading...

From the Cephus case, to the flood of injuries, to the early loss to BYU; this has just felt like "one of those years" (similar to many that we had under Alvarez and Bielema). In all honesty, with what I saw out there yesterday, I'm not sure I'd want to play in Indy, because I think we'd get our doors blown off. I know this is difficult to think about in the middle of the season, but we had many the mediocre season that was saved by a nice second-tier bowl win (3 Sack Jack, Brian Calhoun over Auburn, etc.)... maybe that's simply what 2018 is destined to be. That's probably loser talk... but it feels like realistic loser talk. We're not getting any better... and we never even showed we were that good to begin with.

There have been Badger games where the O Line set the tone and mauled the other guys from the start. Have seen it multiple times. Yesterday we had a new QB and needed the O Line and D to win the game.
They did not.

Plain and simple this is not a good team this year. Will be another hard year or two till I think we see improvement on this team. Might be 2020-2021 till you see a good UW team again.

Right now I say Badgers finish 7-5 as they win over Rutgers and Minn but are going to lose to Purdue and PSU.

Well I am not shocked by all this, lack of depth from GA last draft cycle and a few transfers helped fuel the fire but injuries have robbed us of any depth. The WR situation is worse then I thought and as stated on shout Joe R has done a lousy job with the OL.

I stand by my remarks a few weeks ago in that WI fans have unreal expectations. 8-4 would be a good record with this talent. I do think PC needs to rethink a couple staff positions and refocus his recruiting on DL outside the state.

The problem with the WR ‘s is the Orange Bowl was an anomaly. The loss of Rand was bigger than I thought and the DL is not what it was last year and has made the LB’s look pedestrian at times. The unrealistic expectations is spot on. This team had a 9-3 / 10-2 ceiling if everything fell right. I don’t think Taylor has taken the next step at RB, still has ball security issues and TE while manageable is not what it was

Back