Badgers football recruiting gets another in-state commitment on Monday

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
it appears this weekend’s unofficial visitors for the Wisconsin Badgers football program were impressed with what they saw. Just hours after fellow in-state recruit C.J. Goetz made his commitment another one came in the fold.

According to our recruiting partners at Badger247, Kimberly (Wis.) defensive end Boyd Dietzen also chose to verbally commit to the Badgers.

Proud and beyond excited to announce that I have committed to the University of Wisconsin to further my academic and athletic career!
1f534.png
⚪
1f450.png
pic.twitter.com/5yTon1SeB8

— Boyd Dietzen (@Boyd_Dietzen76) February 20, 2017

He was offered on Sunday and took the night to sleep things over, much like Goetz.

Unlike Goetz, Dietzen comes in as a familiar name on the recruiting trail. Not only is he the cousin of UW guard Jon Dietzen, but he is the No. 19 ranked weakside defensive end in the country and the No. 1 player in the state of Wisconsin according to the 247Sports composite rankings.

Dietzen was much more heavily recruited, with offers from Power 5 schools like Iowa State, Minnesota and Syracuse. That’s probably because of his diverse skill set, as UW could use him as a defensive end, linebacker or even a tight end on the offensive side of the ball.

At 6-3, 235 pounds, Dietzen presents a lot of options for UW and could be an impactful player early on in his career. He certainly has the pedigree of winning football to him, having been a part of today’s most successful high school football program in the state of Wisconsin.

Kimberly just completed their fourth-straight D1 state title this past fall and could be in position for another one with Dietzen and other talents in the fold for the 2017 season.

As for the Badgers, Dietzen follows a long line of in-state defensive ends to sign with the program. Seven of the nine players at defensive end for UW are from the state of Wisconsin, including starters Chikwe Obasih and Conor Sheehy.

[Badger247]

The post Badgers football recruiting gets another in-state commitment on Monday appeared first on A Wisconsin Badgers Site.

Continue reading...

I'm always impressed with the big kids out of Wisconsin who choose to play with UW. So many of them go on to get a shot at the NFL, and that speaks highly about why they flock to Madison. Not all of them are given scholarships at the start, but Wisconsin has a way of getting these kids scholarship help as soon as one opens up.

I realize that Ohio players going to OSU, and Michigan players going to MSU and Michigan are huge in numbers, but Wisconsin is kind of special, because the population isn't there, but the heart of football beats so strongly throughout the rural areas of the state.

Even more, the attitude of the program towards the players is awesome. They give these kids every chance to succeed in the classroom, and on the field as well. It's a class program.

Back