Badgers get 12-point win over Oshkosh in exhibition play

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Friday night’s contest between the Wisconsin Badgers and UW-Oshkosh may have been just an exhibition game, but the Titans weren’t treating it as a tune up. Instead, the visiting D3 team gave the Badgers some trouble early on and played hard late to make it closer than the score appears in a 82-70 win for the Badgers. So, what did this game tell us? Let’s go beyond the Boxscore...

Source

Continue reading...

I hope they look better than the way it sounds in this article.

I don't think they will be all that much better than last year, but they should win a few more games overall and a few more in the Big-10. That might be enough to get them into the tourney. They did have a 27 point lead on Oshkosh at one point and they are about as good a D-3 team as you'll find.

I think if their 3-pt shooting had been better early and had they defended a little better early this would have been more of a blow-out. Too bad they've lost Aleem Ford for a stretch of the early season. He seems like he could be a real weapon from 3-pt range.

I am a bit more optimistic. People forget that they played very well down the stretch, beat Purdue and only lost to Michigan and Michigan State. They are healthy sans Ford. The keys will be Reuvers and King. If they male the next steps they have a shot at top 5 in the league

Top 5 in conference is possible. Hard to gauge this team. It's a tough conference.

Back