Baseball delay

Players have rejected MLB offer. MLB will now have two choices either set schdule of like 48-50 games which players will file grievnce for and not play or owners say screw it and cancel the season.

I'm certainly not advocating for less testing. My point is, as we continue to test more, comparing those numbers to prior days becomes statistically irrelevant. The only consistent numbers are the hospitalizations (which have ticked up a bit in TX) and fatalities (which haven't changed much). However, countrywide, we HAVE seen a significant drop in the number of daily fatalities - which means we're getting better at treating it to prevent deaths, and/or that fewer people are getting sick to the point of death from it.
I don’t look at national numbers just local. And don’t trust numbers in Texas or Florida

Players have rejected MLB offer. MLB will now have two choices either set schdule of like 48-50 games which players will file grievnce for and not play or owners say screw it and cancel the season.
MLB leadership, owners and commish is an embarrassment. This is what they wanted.

So many people said this was nothing, this will blow over, this isn't that bad, only a few people have died, only a few thousand, only so many got infected. Only old people die.....

Yet there are a whole lot of smart businessmen who are not exactly rushing to a return to normal. Why? I thought everything was fine and the worst was over?

To be honest I am not going to miss major league sports that much..

So many people said this was nothing, this will blow over, this isn't that bad, only a few people have died, only a few thousand, only so many got infected. Only old people die.....

Yet there are a whole lot of smart businessmen who are not exactly rushing to a return to normal. Why? I thought everything was fine and the worst was over?

To be honest I am not going to miss major league sports that much..
This was about ownership using both a calendar and a pandemic to try to “fix” a system they created. And profited from that system. The intent all along was to implement what they wanted. Pandemic be dammed this was about money. In pro sports it always is.

Just my 2 cents, I have lost all connection to this sport. Was going through old stuff in the garage this weekend and came upon all the newspapers I saved from when McGuire broke Maris' HR record. Right in the garbage. Baseball currently has all the appeal of tracking covid cases, it's been taken over by the number crunchers and wonks, and consuming the sport right now has all the emotional satisfaction of eating a year old frozen taquito. In fact the only thing that stirs any emotion in me is the shadenfreude I feel at the Wilpons at having turned down billions of dollars for the Mets right before covid hit and the entire sports world plunged into uncertainty and chaos.

You mean that people testing positive are getting into the facilities, correct? Or do they have some proof that it was actually spread to someone else at a facility?

I believe they're doing the best they can with testing. The problem is that there are so many out there with it, that don't show any signs of having it. They get inside, and they can spread it to everyone else. I don't know how prevalent that will be, but the way this darned thing is spreading around our area, it isn't a stretch believing one carrier could create a pyramid of people with it, who are in the protected zone.

It could come from one person delivering food, or from a person there to repair something. It could be one person who slips through the cracks, and gets in. So many possibilities. I don't know all the ways it could be spread to be honest. I just see way too much of it happening in controlled environments to believe it's going to be as easy to handle as they think.

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re gonna find more people, you’re gonna find more cases. So I said to my people ‘slow the testing down, please,’”

In Texas, we're paying the price now, for their using voodoo statistics by not doing enough testing. I'm puzzled how people want to believe that doing more testing causes more infection. It just exposes how many there are out there, who are infected.

In Texas, we're paying the price now, for their using voodoo statistics by not doing enough testing. I'm puzzled how people want to believe that doing more testing causes more infection. It just exposes how many there are out there, who are infected.
nobody is saying testing causes more infections, its just simple math, the more you test the more will show as positive. The quote I had was from the current occupant of the WH

Covid was always controlling numbers to prevent hospitals from being overrun they were never overrun like expected So right now this freak out if some players get it is not a big deal. The odds are slim even if they get it they will have anything besides mild symptoms which seems most healthy adults who have got it dealt with. So this protect the players and freak out if some get it is over reacting.

Back