Black Monday 2022

What I find kind of dumb is teams interviewing coaches before hiring a new GM. It's usually a recipe for problems. The GM should be in place so he is part of the process of hiring the coaches, in my opinion.
Considered old school anymore... the times they are changing

What I find kind of dumb is teams interviewing coaches before hiring a new GM. It's usually a recipe for problems. The GM should be in place so he is part of the process of hiring the coaches, in my opinion.
Owners now call shots a lot more tell the GM and HC to share duties. HC has a lot more say in how roster is built now.

@TomPelissero
· 18m
The #Jaguars will conduct a second interview Thursday with #Colts DC Matt Eberflus, source said. The first known finalist for the head coaching job in Jacksonville.

The smart programs hire a new GM quickly, then let the GM work on finding a new HC. Delaying the process does nothing but drain the pool of potentially solid HCs.

The smart programs hire a new GM quickly, then let the GM work on finding a new HC. Delaying the process does nothing but drain the pool of potentially solid HCs.
To be honest TW, I don't think ownership cares about placing a GM first. It's the new breed or new way of thinking. It's my opinion that the GMs days of running things like Ron Wolf are long gone.

To be honest TW, I don't think ownership cares about placing a GM first. It's the new breed or new way of thinking. It's my opinion that the GMs days of running things like Ron Wolf are long gone.
You're right in a lot of cases. It's like some like to micro-manage their entire operation.

@TomPelissero
· 18m
The #Jaguars will conduct a second interview Thursday with #Colts DC Matt Eberflus, source said. The first known finalist for the head coaching job in Jacksonville.
This does not sound like the best hire a DC who's team failed to get to playoffs and IMO you need a offensive minded guy to develop Lawrence.

Agree. It’s more who has roster / personal control and the dreaded analytics

Back