Bobby Dillon Named to NFL HOF class 2020

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Former Packers safety Bobby Dillon will be enshrined in Canton as part of the 2020 NFL 100th class. He was a safety who has the team record 52 INT's. He played from 1952-1958. He was a pro bowl selection from 1955-1958 and a all pro from 1953-1958. He did all of this despite losing a eye at ten years old. He passed away this past August at 89 years old. He becomes the 26th Packer to be in the NFL HOF.

I never talked to Eagle Eye, but, as a kid, I stood next to someone who asked him for his autograph. He smiled, and signed it. When he spoke, you knew immediately he was a Texan. When I realized who it was, after he was gone, I was miffed at myself for not getting an autograph myself.

He was good enough that they schemed offenses to throw away from him as far as possible, because he had a nose for the ball. I started watching how he played, after that encounter, and I saw a guy who could read offenses about as well as anyone. Gotta remember also that he played in the 12 games a season era. He could have added a few more to that 58, if he had more games played.

Back