Brewers 2022 Season Thread

This Brewers team sucks. Craig Counsell needs to go. Analytics style game calling won't win you anything. Sub .500 team since June 1st.

This Brewers team sucks. Craig Counsell needs to go. Analytics style game calling won't win you anything. Sub .500 team since June 1st.
No he’s not getting canned. If you want to blame analytics blame for FO. Name me one or 2 or 3 bad moves CC has made based on analytics.

No he’s not getting canned. If you want to blame analytics blame for FO. Name me one or 2 or 3 bad moves CC has made based on analytics.
Main thing is he's moving his lineup every single day. Also seems to be to trusting of "matchup" based on analytics. I don't think he makes good in game changes either.

Most likely Stearns and Counsell are brought back for 2023. Stearns leaves after 2023 when his contract ends and hopefully a new GM brings in his own manager and lets Counsell go.

Main thing is he's moving his lineup every single day. Also seems to be to trusting of "matchup" based on analytics. I don't think he makes good in game changes either.

Most likely Stearns and Counsell are brought back for 2023. Stearns leaves after 2023 when his contract ends and hopefully a new GM brings in his own manager and lets Counsell go.
And what in game changes are you referring to. Actually matching lineups is smart. If player x is batter 220 vs Rhp and that’s what’s on the mound you probably should bench him unless he’s elite. Any managers worth their salt makes that move.

CC has 2 95 win seasons in a small market the last 4 years and 89 in another. He’s not the problem.

Back