Brewers 2023 Season Thread

It was funny when Mitchell said he plays better when his wife is not at the game and then he goes and hits the walk off HR to win the game.
That has to be a big thrill! Not only to have a walk-off but have your family present to witness it!

Turang had his whole family present to witness his first HR... A grand salami!

That has to be a big thrill! Not only to have a walk-off but have your family present to witness it!

Turang had his whole family present to witness his first HR... A grand salami!
Actually that's the joke his wife was not at the game and he hit the HR. His wife joked that she's not going to attend any more games now

Yelich needs to be taken out of top of the order. He's a guaranted out. He needs to hit no higher than 6th.

For first time in team history Brewers have the #1 prospect in MLB with Jackson Chourio when BA updated their prospect rankings for guys who are now in the majors.

Brewers have been impressive. Going into season I thought it would be much like last. A .500 team for the most part that would come up short on the postseason. I know it's very early in the season but this team is playing much better than I expected them to.

Joey Wiemer hot start to his career first 7 games he had 27 PA and in those he had 8 hits and 3 walks a OBP of .407 and only 3 strikeouts. Since then in his next 7 games it's been total reverse 25 PA and in those he only has 1 hit and 4 walks a OBP of .200 and has 9 strikeouts a average of striking out in 1 out of every 3 PA. If he keeps this up MKE can't afford to keep him up and will have to send him back down to AAA I think.

So MLB commish making thinly veiled threats that taxpayers in WI need to pay for near half a billion in upgrades over next 20 years or MLB could relocate the team. It's clear Mark A is using Manfred to make these statements because he's a cheap coward who won't make them himself. He won't pay out of pocket for upgrades he wants so says MKE pays or he will move the team. He's always been a cheap ass owner. I say let the team move taxpayers should not have to fund nearly 500 million so he can see the value of the team rise for himself.

So MLB commish making thinly veiled threats that taxpayers in WI need to pay for near half a billion in upgrades over next 20 years or MLB could relocate the team. It's clear Mark A is using Manfred to make these statements because he's a cheap coward who won't make them himself. He won't pay out of pocket for upgrades he wants so says MKE pays or he will move the team. He's always been a cheap ass owner. I say let the team move taxpayers should not have to fund nearly 500 million so he can see the value of the team rise for himself.
Does Mark A own any part of the stadium, or does he pay rent for usage? Sometimes these issues become blurred. I don't disagree with what you said, but to recoup the money, the tax district would have to be guaranteed a long term rental agreement, at a higher rate, with escalating price based on revenue streams.

Anyhow, that's my 2¢ on this situation.

When it comes to the value of the team, if they don't own a piece of the action on the stadium itself, I don't believe it would matter too much in their evaluation, unless it was relative value to staying in Milwaukee, not leaving.

The money these people throw around astounds me. Millions are talked about like it was nothing more than Monopoly money.

Does Mark A own any part of the stadium, or does he pay rent for usage? Sometimes these issues become blurred. I don't disagree with what you said, but to recoup the money, the tax district would have to be guaranteed a long term rental agreement, at a higher rate, with escalating price based on revenue streams.

Anyhow, that's my 2¢ on this situation.

When it comes to the value of the team, if they don't own a piece of the action on the stadium itself, I don't believe it would matter too much in their evaluation, unless it was relative value to staying in Milwaukee, not leaving.

The money these people throw around astounds me. Millions are talked about like it was nothing more than Monopoly money.
Believe the 5 counties own the stadium and Brewers only pay $1 million a year rent.

If the WI govt would cave into this taxpayers over 40-45 years will have paid for about 85% of the cost to build and upgrade the stadium while the team pays only 15%.

Back