Brewers game thread#1

I'm starting to think Braun is at the end of the road.
9 for his last 57 and 3 for his last 25.
His BA has gone down every year since 2016.

I'm starting to think Braun is at the end of the road.
9 for his last 57 and 3 for his last 25.
His BA has gone down every year since 2016.
He's been a below average player since going off the juice.

Brewers pitching really struggling this year. Brewers pitching 14th out of 15 teams in ERA in NL and 26th out of 30 in MLB. Hitting can't carry this team all year at some point crappy pitching will kill this team.

Hopefully Nelson can come back and give them something. I think putting Burnes, Peralta and Woodruff out there for the first month or so was a reasonable gamble. I think Anderson needs to replace Burnes soon in the rotation - though Anderson has had his own home run issues. If Nelson can come back he can take a spot from one of the other youngsters. That would put two of these young guys back in the bullpen and would strengthen that group as well - along with hopefully the full return of a healthy Jeffress. I don't think all is lost just yet with regards to the pitching staff, but it hasn't been pretty.

Hopefully Nelson can come back and give them something. I think putting Burnes, Peralta and Woodruff out there for the first month or so was a reasonable gamble. I think Anderson needs to replace Burnes soon in the rotation - though Anderson has had his own home run issues. If Nelson can come back he can take a spot from one of the other youngsters. That would put two of these young guys back in the bullpen and would strengthen that group as well - along with hopefully the full return of a healthy Jeffress. I don't think all is lost just yet with regards to the pitching staff, but it hasn't been pretty.
I don't think Burnes gets another chance at a start not when he's getting knocked around every outing with ERA over over 10 and 11 HR's he's nearly averaging 3 HR's a game.

Since Pitching Derek Johnson left the Brewers pitching runs per game has went from 4.04 to 4.95.

While the Reds(his new team) has gone from 5.06 to 3.20.

Letting him leave was Stearns biggest mistake to date and it could very well derail the season.

Brewers pitch selection has been shaky this year.
Way to predictable at times.

Back