Bucks 123, Celtics 116: Long nightmare finally ends

BucksFeed

Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Milwaukee Bucks face the Boston Celtics in Game 3 on Friday night at TD Garden in Boston.

bucks

Continue reading...

What is it about the 3rd quarter? I've watched it happen in so many games. It's as if the Bucks just play around for the first half, keeping it somewhat close, then somewhere along the line in the 3rd, they go on a tear, and end up being ahead going into the 4th. Then, in the 4th, depending on their lead, they either coast home, or pour it on.

They could have taken it to the Celtics last night in the 4th but chose otherwise. I'm glad they did. I want to see the Bucks take the game on Monday night, so they can close it out in Milwaukee the following game.

Hill and Connaughton really stepped up last night. The depth of the Bucks amazes me.

Bucks really lived with the 3 last night and that won them the game. Hill has been huge for Bucks last two wins with the D he has been playing. Hopefully the Bucks were humilated enough from game 1 that they are bringing it now rest of series.

Fatigue is going to set in for Boston. They got zero from their bench again last night and while Kyrie got 29 last night he was 8-22. Bucks did a great job on closing out on him again running multiple guys at him. While the defense was not a good af rotating as game 2 it was solid. Boston really misses Smart

Last edited:
Reactions: TW
What is it about the 3rd quarter? I've watched it happen in so many games.

they must get really fired up during half-time. don't know if it's coaching or locker-room leadership, but whatever it is, it's working.

Reactions: TW
Fatigue is going to set in for Boston. They got zero from their bench again last night and while Kyrie got 29 last night he was 8-22. Bucks did a great job on closing out on him again running multiple guys at him. While the defense was not a good af rotating as game 2 it was solid. Boston really misses Smart

I wonder if the fatigue factor isn't part of the Bucks 3rd quarters. Do they push the opposition so hard during the first half that by the middle of the 3rd, they're burned out? There has to be a reason this keeps happening.

One thing I have noticed between these two teams. They could have a 12 second shot clock and they'd only have a half dozen calls each for not getting one off. They don't waste any time putting it up.

I wonder if the fatigue factor isn't part of the Bucks 3rd quarters. Do they push the opposition so hard during the first half that by the middle of the 3rd, they're burned out? There has to be a reason this keeps happening.

One thing I have noticed between these two teams. They could have a 12 second shot clock and they'd only have a half dozen calls each for not getting one off. They don't waste any time putting it up.
Saw this last night near end of game instead of taking shot clock to under 5 and burning clock Bucks push ball down court and take a shot with 10-12 seconds left on it.

Possible but in the playoffs most teams shorten the rotation but while Buds rotation is shorter it’s not as much as Stevens is. Losing Smart really hurts Boston more than losing Brogden hurts Milwaukee. Boston was not deep to begin with and forces top 5-6 more minutes. Also last night Boston should have been up 10-15 at half. They turned the ball over and could not get to the line

Sell Coach B won't lean one way or other for Brogdon in game 4. My guess with Bucks win in game 3 they will be happy with a split at worst and will wait at least until game 5 to put him back on the court. If the Bucks win game 4 and he does not play the Bucks might just wait then and not play him the rest of this series.

By hedging on Brogdon, it keeps the Celtics off balance. I think it would probably be difficult for him to make an impact, but it's another talented body off the bench until he gets his game rounded out.

I want to see him as part of the rotation in the next round, assuming the Bucks get there. I think it will make them an even better team.

Back