Bucks getting thrashed!

Khris & Giannis scored 79% of the Bucks points, the highest percentage of any team’s points by any duo in NBA playoff history.

So the entire rest of the team only scores 18 points that's actually pretty bad.
Absolutely! Three players, Giannis, Jrue, and Khris scored all but 9 of the points. There needs to be more scoring from other players. The bench scored 6 points. You could see the lead melt away when they took Giannis and Khris out at the end of the 1st quarter.

The Nets are really good at taking away the sweet spot 3s. They're schooled well. The Bucks are being forced to take their 3s from spots that they normally don't. Meanwhile, the game inside the circle was fierce. Neither team was taking any prisoners. Fortunately, for the sake of the game, they didn't blow whistles on every play underneath.

I mentioned lopez in a previous post. The guy showed he can play defense inside with the best of them, and muscle up to the boards with the toughest. He made the Nets hesitate at going in hard late in the game. He had six blocks. One heck of a night!
A lot of that is their length. They had a thing last night that Bruce Brown has a 6-9 wingspan as a guard and I’ve never seen Kyrie that aggressive on defense. It’s had an effect on Forbes especially with Brown guarding him.

Absolutely! Three players, Giannis, Jrue, and Khris scored all but 9 of the points. There needs to be more scoring from other players. The bench scored 6 points. You could see the lead melt away when they took Giannis and Khris out at the end of the 1st quarter.
I said before this bench is not deep and loves to just run down court and chuck up the shot.

Holiday is having a very average series on offense and defense. He’s seems like he forcing his shot instead of just playing in the flow.

I said before this bench is not deep and loves to just run down court and chuck up the shot.
It’s very deep. It’s just not playing well. Forbes, Portis and Connaughton have looked really average. Portis was so effective inside vs Miami and the length of Brooklyn guards is really impacting Forbes. The shot selection is not any different than the Miami series

Watch where the Bucks score their 3s. Looking at the basket. Nine o'clock, between 4 & 5 o'clock, and once in a while at 3 o'clock. The only variance is when Holiday puts one up at 7 o'clock, but that percentage isn't good.

The Nets were taking away the 4/5 location, and pressuring the 9, so Connaughton wasn't hitting. Their shots were coming from all different angles to the basket where their percentages are low. The Nets did that by shading them to keep them out of their preferred rhythm to the spots.

I forgot to mention. Khris is dead on from the 7 hole, but was pushed out of that area constantly now for three games. When they failed to keep him out, he could hit the 3 at that location.

Watch where the Bucks score their 3s. Looking at the basket. Nine o'clock, between 4 & 5 o'clock, and once in a while at 3 o'clock. The only variance is when Holiday puts one up at 7 o'clock, but that percentage isn't good.

The Nets were taking away the 4/5 location, and pressuring the 9, so Connaughton wasn't hitting. Their shots were coming from all different angles to the basket where their percentages are low. The Nets did that by shading them to keep them out of their preferred rhythm to the spots.

I forgot to mention. Khris is dead on from the 7 hole, but was pushed out of that area constantly now for three games. When they failed to keep him out, he could hit the 3 at that location.
But on the flip side Tucker has had 4 or 5 wide open corner looks where he’s basically lived all his career and missed. Connaughton was wide open on the wing where he’s is usually money and air balled it. I get your point and Brooklyn is doing a nice job rotating but these are shots they hit all year. Portis missed 2 open corner looks last night that’s his money ball.

Tucker missed two from the left. That's where Connaughton usually puts them up. He was one of two from the right. Not bad, considering he doesn't shoot much from the right.

If you look at the chart on each individual player, you'll see what I said is true. If I was the Bucks, today would be working on 3s from various locations rather than my sweet spots. They need to pull the Nets off those spots to free each other up. Connaughton only put up one 3, from 4 o'clock. Not his spot. They didn't give him an opening at his 9 spot. When he was on the right, they didn't even pass to him. The ball moved left.

If you look at the damage the Bucks did, it was straight up the middle.

Bud has plenty to give them to digest today. They might be tired enough that they won't even do a shoot around.

But on the flip side Tucker has had 4 or 5 wide open corner looks where he’s basically lived all his career and missed. Connaughton was wide open on the wing where he’s is usually money and air balled it. I get your point and Brooklyn is doing a nice job rotating but these are shots they hit all year. Portis missed 2 open corner looks last night that’s his money ball.
and they're on their home court where they should know every little nuance and basically be shooting by muscle memory.

Home court is reason they won last night that's a road game they likely lose that game

Back