Business of Football: The End of Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers Era Is Imminent

I get that, but it stills speaks volumes, regardless. It would be tough to be a HC under those conditions where you are basically castrated and bound by your meal ticket who's changing plays at will. Then, when the meal ticket is gone, you as a HC have to come back into that locker room and re assert that you're the man again. Makes for a tough job. That's all I'm saying. Not defending AR in the least. Just saying that the Green and Gold goggles need to come off a little bit in regards to ML. We're gonna get a good look at what he can do without a FHOF QB on the roster. I sure hope we can be honest in regards to assessing his coaching as we have been about discussing Rodgers.
ML had bosses also. And yes much of this is because the FO wanted the last dance and dropped their pants and bowed to Rodgers. I have some issues with ML also but how he handled Rodgers is not in the top 5.

I get that, but it stills speaks volumes, regardless. It would be tough to be a HC under those conditions where you are basically castrated and bound by your meal ticket who's changing plays at will. Then, when the meal ticket is gone, you as a HC have to come back into that locker room and re assert that you're the man again. Makes for a tough job. That's all I'm saying. Not defending AR in the least. Just saying that the Green and Gold goggles need to come off a little bit in regards to ML. We're gonna get a good look at what he can do without a FHOF QB on the roster. I sure hope we can be honest in regards to assessing his coaching as we have been about discussing Rodgers.
Personally I was a little more disappointed in Gutey when they traded for Cobb. I expected a little more toughness than that. Maybe I'm just acclimated to Ted's way of doing things.

Personally I was a little more disappointed in Gutey when they traded for Cobb. I expected a little more toughness than that. Maybe I'm just acclimated to Ted's way of doing things.
Yeah. There was a whole lot of head scratchers going on this offseason.

That’s was another move “dictated” by 12 to the FO.

Ted would not even looked at the FA market. Not his MO

Ted had some brass balls. Before anyone really even knew who he was he drafted Rodgers, then he traded Favre which was unthinkable.

Compare that to Gute who basically bent over for Rodgers indefinitely and said, "do whatever you like pal, this one is on me". His balls aren't even the size of pine nuts as far as I'm concerned.

Our current Front office handled it the exact opposite way Ted did back in the day IMO. Tells me that either A. They aren't sold on Love or B. They don't want the public backlash. Could be a combination of both.

Ted had some brass balls. Before anyone really even knew who he was he drafted Rodgers, then he traded Favre which was unthinkable.

Compare that to Gute who basically bent over for Rodgers indefinitely and said, "do whatever you like pal, this one is on me". His balls aren't even the size of pine nuts as far as I'm concerned.

Our current Front office handled it the exact opposite way Ted did back in the day IMO. Tells me that either A. They aren't sold on Love or B. They don't want the public backlash. Could be a combination of both.
The FO was between a rock and a hard place around draft time. The dead money would have put handcuffs on them for 2020. He was not getting traded. The whole “we want to keep Aaron” narrative is all window dressing trying to create a market

The FO was between a rock and a hard place around draft time. The dead money would have put handcuffs on them for 2020. He was not getting traded. The whole “we want to keep Aaron” narrative is all window dressing trying to create a market
Hope so.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1644004127586.jpg
    FB_IMG_1644004127586.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 6
What good is it to give him an extended deal if it costs half the team? (Exaggerating) But will cost us players and if course he won't have Adams and the rest of WRs are pedestrian.

But worst fear is extend him and then in a year or two he retires and the shit hits the cap fan.

What good is it to give him an extended deal if it costs half the team? (Exaggerating) But will cost us players and if course he won't have Adams and the rest of WRs are pedestrian.

But worst fear is extend him and then in a year or two he retires and the shit hits the cap fan.
Structure matters. Have to assume the cap goes up Sunday Ticket deal coming. Personally I don't see it happening more so do to cash flow than cap

Back