Business of Football: The End of Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers Era Is Imminent

For all the talk about ML's offense relying on a strong run game, he sure hasn't established that yet in GB. In fact, there were plenty of games where he damn near abandoned the run.
And you continue to ignore the fact that #12 was given the freedom to check plays at the line of scrimmage at will... at least two former players came out the last off-season and said he was checking into plays from MM old offense. So no you can't make this statement with any kind of conviction with Rodgers going all hero.

For all the talk about ML's offense relying on a strong run game, he sure hasn't established that yet in GB. In fact, there were plenty of games where he damn near abandoned the run.
Not picking on you Bud, but below is a direct quote from MVS from an interview he did with Tyler Dunne. It's in response to a question about signing free agents on offense.

They don’t know how to operate in this offense, playing in code. They don’t know how to operate playing with Aaron Rodgers. There are two separate playbooks. There’s the one we get written down. And then there’s one that Aaron has. It’s not an easy thing to just come in and play right away.

You can’t just have a guy who can make a play. You’ve got to be a different level of intelligence to play in that offense.
Both MM and ML have had trouble sticking to the run game, and I think it has a lot to do with the guy that ran the show for both of them on the field. ML is always a good soldier about it and he'll say, "Man, I wish I hadn't gotten away from the run game so early" - I believe that's code for what the QB actually chose to do.

Another one from the same article. How many times do you think this happens per game?

All 11 players step up to the line and if Rodgers believes both plays LaFleur sent in won’t work, he’ll call something else.

Last edited:
And you continue to ignore the fact that #12 was given the freedom to check plays at the line of scrimmage at will... at least two former players came out the last off-season and said he was checking into plays from MM old offense. So no you can't make this statement with any kind of conviction with Rodgers going all hero.

I have no problem with that but don't diminish ML's role in all of this. He is the head coach right? You coached, I assume? You let your players run roughshod over you? In my opinion, that's not a good look on ML. Just my opinion. I like ML as a coach but lets not pretend that the buck doesn't stop with him.

Not picking on you Bud, but below is a direct quote from MVS from an interview he did with Tyler Dunne. It's in response to a question about signing free agents on offense.

Both MM and ML have had trouble sticking to the run game, and I think it has a lot to do with the guy that ran the show for both of them on the field. ML is always a good soldier about it and he'll say, "Man, I wish I hadn't gotten away from the run game so early" - I believe that's code for what the QB actually chose to do.

Another one from the same article. How many times do you think this happens per game?
See above post

I have no problem with that but don't diminish ML's role in all of this. He is the head coach right? You coached, I assume? You let your players run roughshod over you? In my opinion, that's not a good look on ML. Just my opinion. I like ML as a coach but lets not pretend that the buck doesn't stop with him.
In pro sports the HC is just as much of a CEO as he is a HC. Bottom line 12 is your best player and is your meal ticket. Translation: don’t piss off your best employee especially when the FO has basically give him the latitude

In pro sports the HC is just as much of a CEO as he is a HC. Bottom line 12 is your best player and is your meal ticket. Translation: don’t piss off your best employee especially when the FO has basically give him the latitude
I get that, but it stills speaks volumes, regardless. It would be tough to be a HC under those conditions where you are basically castrated and bound by your meal ticket who's changing plays at will. Then, when the meal ticket is gone, you as a HC have to come back into that locker room and re assert that you're the man again. Makes for a tough job. That's all I'm saying. Not defending AR in the least. Just saying that the Green and Gold goggles need to come off a little bit in regards to ML. We're gonna get a good look at what he can do without a FHOF QB on the roster. I sure hope we can be honest in regards to assessing his coaching as we have been about discussing Rodgers.

Back