Bye Week Reflections

Nerd

Reaction score
1: Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams could be our best RB tandem since Edgar Bennett and Dorsey Levens. It will take a year or two to prove that. But you know what? DeX Williams is right up there.

DeX has to grow up, "become a man" on the pro level. Learn what it takes, adopt the attitude and DO what it takes. He might be the most talented RB on the roster, as far as potential. But as for right now, that's all it is.

Wouldn't mind seeing him return some kickoffs though.

2: I bet Eldkin Jenkins would be the swing tackle. He's pretty good, seems like he can move his feet.

3: Looking forward to seeing what Sternberger can do. Matt will have something for him in the remaining weeks. He looked good blocking against Carolina. Should earn him some looks.

4: I think this defense is actually pretty decent against the run. But they are normally in nickel, with the hybrid safety guy. That's what makes them light. Pettine likes to defend the pass.

We were also much better when we had a real hybrid safety guy, which we haven't had since Raven Green went down in week two. Hopefully Campbell can hold that position down until Greene is able to return. Curtis Bolton is on IR too, iirc. Disappointed in Jackson.

5: Seemed like Kenny Clark was moving better against the Panthers. Got some pressure late, good to see. Defense has 6 weeks to figure it out before the playoffs. I'm optimistic.

Clark totaled 10 QB pressures against CAR.
I’d say that’s a fair days work. Especially since it set a new personal high for him.

I’d like to see both Jones and Williams in the backfield together at the same time. Really give SF something to think about.

Jones and williams are far and away the best combo since the 90s. Easy. Dex has a long way to go to be more talented them jones. The day we drafted jones i said he has it. Some questioned him carrying the load be he has top 10 skills easy. J williams is the perfect change of pace. I was wrong when I said we could move on. That kid brings it every snap. Lunch pale guy we need down the stretch.

Clark had a game to stack on. Hope the week got him right. We need this dl to be good. Presure up the gut will give the smith plenty to eat.

Big game out the gate next Sunday. Sf is good but not better then us. We can win this game esp if we start fast. I want to see us use the backs a ton in the passing game. Slow down the rush with quick shit. Even use the fb on a few passes. Their o is ok but nothing great and Jimmy G I am not sold on.

Time to trend up and get hot. What a fun season thus far

Jones and williams are far and away the best combo since the 90s. Easy. Dex has a long way to go to be more talented them jones. The day we drafted jones i said he has it. Some questioned him carrying the load be he has top 10 skills easy. J williams is the perfect change of pace. I was wrong when I said we could move on. That kid brings it every snap. Lunch pale guy we need down the stretch.

Clark had a game to stack on. Hope the week got him right. We need this dl to be good. Presure up the gut will give the smith plenty to eat.

Big game out the gate next Sunday. Sf is good but not better then us. We can win this game esp if we start fast. I want to see us use the backs a ton in the passing game. Slow down the rush with quick shit. Even use the fb on a few passes. Their o is ok but nothing great and Jimmy G I am not sold on.

Time to trend up and get hot. What a fun season thus far
Vitale is a secret weapon for sure. I think Matt is gonna have a special package or two for Sternberger too.

Sf is good but not better then us.

i'd love to believe that. but i'm just not buying it. unlike the packers the 49ers haven't just been beating teams, for the most part they have been clobbering their opponents. sure, they have had a couple of close games. but they have had several blowouts too. 41-17, 31-3, 51-13, 31-17, 20-7. other than the oakland game, the packers seem to win by the skin of their teeth.

the 49ers defense is much stronger than ours, giving up an average of 15.5 points per game (2nd in the league). if rodgers has one of his down days we are cooked. people think that teams can exploit their weakness against the run, but the truth is that they only give up 110.5 yards per game on the ground. and they are 1st in the nfl against the pass.

on offense they are second in the league in scoring (29.5 points per game) and second in the league in rushing (149.0 yards per game). this is a bad matchup for the packers who give up a lot of yards on the ground.

having said all of that, i am hoping that the bye week has allowed our players to recharge and our coaching staff to come up with the perfect game plan to beat the niners.

I saw a funky stat or listing of stats rather, the general idea of which was that for as much love as the SF defense gets, in 10 games they have faced 9 teams with offenses ranked in the bottom 8 of the league. The one time they faced a top 10 offense was against Seattle, and they lost.

Also, for whatever reason, in the past 3 games they have averaged ~80 yards per game on the ground, not close to that 150.

Also, for whatever reason, in the past 3 games they have averaged ~80 yards per game on the ground, not close to that 150.

i think that is more or less due to the fact that crapaloaf has been playing extremely well in 3 of the last four games (seattle game being the exception). and yeah, i'll grant you that they have not been playing against a lot of offensive juggernauts.

i think that is more or less due to the fact that crapaloaf has been playing extremely well in 3 of the last four games (seattle game being the exception). and yeah, i'll grant you that they have not been playing against a lot of offensive juggernauts.

That's fair. And I'm not knocking them. But there's always a story behind the numbers, ya know?

They are good but yes they have faced weak O teams
The packers have faced some of the best O teams. 6 of the top 11.

I'm fine with being skeptical of our team. Thats not a bad thing but I do think that many over value other teams.

I really think the 9ers peaked early and the last few weeks the blueprint to beat them is out there. They run alot but not very well. Get an early lead and win on 1st down and that can neutralize that. Forcing jimmy g to throw is not what they want to do.

Big test for our OL. They are good up front. Quick hits and running at bosa and ford can slow them down.

GB needs to play clean but its a game they can win

Right now, the big 3 in the NFC is Green Bay, San Francisco, and Seattle. We're -3 going on the road to Santa Clara. It sort of means that talent wise, the teams are about even.

I'm looking for the Packers to play match-up ball for 3 quarters, then pull out the stops in the 4th quarter, to get the win.

Packers 27 49ers 24

Back