Can Badgers get OSU transfer Micah Potter eligible for start of next season?

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
When looking forward to the 2019-20 season for the Wisconsin Badgers basketball program, one sees a massive void in experience up front. Ethan Happ, Charles Thomas and Khalil Iverson will all graduate after this year. That leaves only one man who plays in the regular rotation up front in sophomore big man Nate Reuvers. Wisconsin got some big help as former Ohio State forward Micah Potter announced...

Source

Continue reading...

Got my fingers crossed. We need some big guys.

Hoping he gets waiver for first semester. They're asking for the waiver.

They can use the help next year. You never know what you are going to get with freshman so you can't depend on Currie or Hedstrom for much help.

I hope he gets the waiver, but even if he doesn't, he'll be available for the meat of the Big-10 season which will be important.

They also have the 7-foot walk-on kid Hamilton who played at Northern Ill. as a freshman. Not expecting much there, but has size and played as a true freshman so can possibly give them a few minutes a game to give the other bigs a breather.

Badgers just don't seem to be as solid getting guys like Bo could or is it just me.

Badgers just don't seem to be as solid getting guys like Bo could or is it just me.

You have to put Ryans recruiting in context. He had 2 kids in state that were 4 star types (Keoning / Dekker). Kaminsky was a 3 star kid who developed. Hayes was a 3 start kid, perfect storm for 2 FF runs. Gard has King and Reuvers while not Dekker types were highly recruited. Style of play will was an issue for Ryan and will continue to be for Gard but that perception is a bit old IMO. The 2020 class is key. Johnson is a main priority as is Davis

I can't say I believe Gard is a poor recruiter. He may well be the best we've had. We need to let it play out for a couple of more years, and see how his guys pan out, and who he gets into the fold next.

What concerns me is the lack of big guys. I want to see how he corrects this.

GBP, it just feels that way. There was a whole lot of so-so recruiting under Ryan as well. People tend to forget some of the classes on either side of those final 4 teams. Heck, look at Ryan's last class - Charlie Thomas, Alex Illikainen, Andy Van Vliet, Kahlil Iverson - 3 misses and a role player.

Ryan had some really nice recruits and some nice classes. Most were exactly the type of 3-star guys that Gard is getting. He was fortunate to get some really good in-state kids like Harris, Butch, Koenig and Dekker. He also lost out on many of them like Wes Matthews, Vander Blue, Diamond Stone, JP Tokoto, Kevon Looney, etc., and blew it by not recruiting Sam Hauser and therefore making it almost impossible for Gard to get Joey. (Truth be told though, a couple of those guys likely had some qualification issues.)

GBP, it just feels that way. There was a whole lot of so-so recruiting under Ryan as well. People tend to forget some of the classes on either side of those final 4 teams. Heck, look at Ryan's last class - Charlie Thomas, Alex Illikainen, Andy Van Vliet, Kahlil Iverson - 3 misses and a role player.

Ryan had some really nice recruits and some nice classes. Most were exactly the type of 3-star guys that Gard is getting. He was fortunate to get some really good in-state kids like Harris, Butch, Koenig and Dekker. He also lost out on many of them like Wes Matthews, Vander Blue, Diamond Stone, JP Tokoto, Kevon Looney, etc., and blew it by not recruiting Sam Hauser and therefore making it almost impossible for Gard to get Joey. (Truth be told though, a couple of those guys likely had some qualification issues.)

I know you're right on the qualification issues. Stone was one for sure. He actually wanted to go to Wisconsin. He didn't have to be recruited that hard. Maryland knew he would be enrolled, and only attend a minimum number of one-stroke painting classes to get through long enough to hit the draft.

Back