Chauncey Billups

TW

Reaction score
Shooting from the hip here. If the Bucks do lose tonight, and they do send Bud packing, will Chauncey be in the mix for the Bucks HC job? Or possibly Rick Carlisle?

There aren't a lot of good options out there at this point. Unless there's someone flying under the radar that would be a natural for the job.

Shooting from the hip here. If the Bucks do lose tonight, and they do send Bud packing, will Chauncey be in the mix for the Bucks HC job? Or possibly Rick Carlisle?

There aren't a lot of good options out there at this point. Unless there's someone flying under the radar that would be a natural for the job.
I don't even know what a good "fit" is to be candid. And with 7 other jobs open its a crap shoot. Darvin Ham would be an internal option, Sam Cassell is out there and is well thought of.

If Bucks lose and coach Bud would be fired I would like them to look at Rick Carlisle.

I don't even know what a good "fit" is to be candid. And with 7 other jobs open its a crap shoot. Darvin Ham would be an internal option, Sam Cassell is out there and is well thought of.
Would the Bucks go with a coach with not much experince though or would they want a proven winner?

Would the Bucks go with a coach with not much experince though or would they want a proven winner?
Carlisle has a nice run in Indiana. In Dallas, 1x Champ. Other than that most "fans" would want him out

Right now all depends on game 7 Bucks lose tonight I am thinking 50/50 Bud gets fired. They win and go on to ECF unless they would get swept I think Bud then comes back.

Carlisle has a nice run in Indiana. In Dallas, 1x Champ. Other than that most "fans" would want him out
The one thing about Carlisle - is that he let Luka dribble the ball too much. They wanted to run all the offense through him, but at times his team mates would just stand around and watch. Kind of what James Harden used to do . . .

The one thing about Carlisle - is that he let Luka dribble the ball too much. They wanted to run all the offense through him, but at times his team mates would just stand around and watch. Kind of what James Harden used to do . . .
I like ball movement. That's what creates most open looks in my opinion. I watch Harden move the ball so quickly, thinking not only about his pass, but the one after that, where there's the open look. The Mavs and the Bucks don't have that one move ahead chess game unfortunately. The Nets are setting the picks before the ball even rotates, which means they rarely get called for a moving pick.

I have a feeling that's a lot of what's taking away from Holiday's game. He needs to be a facilitator like Harden. I don't expect him to be that good of a shot, but the rest, he's capable of.

I like ball movement. That's what creates most open looks in my opinion. I watch Harden move the ball so quickly, thinking not only about his pass, but the one after that, where there's the open look. The Mavs and the Bucks don't have that one move ahead chess game unfortunately. The Nets are setting the picks before the ball even rotates, which means they rarely get called for a moving pick.

I have a feeling that's a lot of what's taking away from Holiday's game. He needs to be a facilitator like Harden. I don't expect him to be that good of a shot, but the rest, he's capable of.
The issue with Holiday is his decision making. Last game was a microcosm of this series. He’s 1-10 from 3, get nice screen and roll action from Giannis but does a step back 3. That’s after he basically abused Brooklyn guards penetrating.

Milwaukee plays a lot of “5 Up” concepts which is based on penetration, kick outs and spacing. But the last 4 games they have used a considerable amount of pick action similar to Brooklyn with Giannis and Middleton and it’s been very effective

I don’t think they did a great job of finding a role for Porziņģis. He’s not a true center @ 7-1, more of a stretch 4 and that’s not the compliment Luka needs. And he’s an inconsistent perimeter shooter so maybe a bit flawed. Hardaway can shoot but Brunson is at best an avg PG. Like Donnie , played against him but it’s a flawed roster

Back